No announcement yet.

Red Ball Express: Update on the Cross-Country Bucket Brigade of Our '68 Javelin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red Ball Express: Update on the Cross-Country Bucket Brigade of Our '68 Javelin

Originally posted by shaun callaway
    i dont think you will scare them away man.
    You missed it by a mile.

Would YOU want your decent car sitting within 50 feet of this thing?

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Re: Red Ball Express: Update on the Cross-Country Bucket Brigade of Our '68 Javelin

gotcha

so has it had anything done to it? or is it stock?

Comment

why not?

that way i would be closer to make fun of it hahahahahahahaha sorry thats how these kids are. you really underestimate me i think :D

Comment

The motor is a bone stocker. I think I am going to bolt some headers to it off the bat, but until I find a set of earlier cylinder heads it's useless to try to work the thing over as these later heads have a weird bridge style rocker arm that is sufficient for stock duty but would be an epic failure if pressed to deal with more lift.

Having the thing turning wheels in anger is objective number one, and frankly, it appeals to me to start with a rock bottom baseline and gauge improvements from there.

The rally cross stuff looks like a HOOT.

Brian

Comment

why not?

that way i would be closer to make fun of it hahahahahahahaha sorry thats how these kids are. you really underestimate me i think :D
            When we ran the VW SCCA car we autocrossed it whenever we weren't road racing it and we spent lots of time busting on guys who took themselves too seriously. Guys who came in stock old iron just for the fun of it were a different story, but we saw guys with chevelles and stuff with virtually stock suspension and 18 inch wheels strutting around like they were Michael Schumacher....those guys got ripped on.

Brian

Comment

ok , what do you mean by late because every year (from 70-till whenever they stopped making them) had 2 different 4 barrel motors an early and a late one. both had different compression ratios.

rally racing is really fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                why not?

When we ran the VW SCCA car we autocrossed it whenever we weren't road racing it and we spent lots of time busting on guys who took themselves too seriously. Guys who came in stock old iron just for the fun of it were a different story, but we saw guys with chevelles and stuff with virtually stock suspension and 18 inch wheels strutting around like they were Michael Schumacher....those guys got ripped on.

Brian
                im just razzin you a bit man.

Comment

ok , what do you mean by late because every year (from 70-till whenever they stopped making them) had 2 different 4 barrel motors an early and a late one. both had different compression ratios.

rally racing is really fun.

This is a 77 4bbl motor from a grand wagoneer.

It's all good brother!

Brian

Comment

thats only like a 200hp engine (maybe) in stock trim if it was bran new.

Comment

thats only like a 200hp engine (maybe) in stock trim if it was bran new.
                      Correct....hence the rock bottom baseline comment.

It's also going into a car that's going to weigh probably 2500lbs with me in it. This is not going to be a rocketship or even a mildlyquickship to start.

Brian

Comment

its funny how shitty performance is on those cause in 1970 they made almost 300 hp in stock trim bran new.

Comment

Between both your guy's avitars it looks like a couple of retards talking back and forth :P

Brian, how's that thing going to do autocrossing on pavement with the rear end welded?
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

its funny how shitty performance is on those cause in 1970 they made almost 300 hp in stock trim bran new.
                            You know about the 1972 hp number change? everything dropped 30% when they switched from gross to net, and made a few other changes

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                              Between both your guy's avitars it looks like a couple of retards talking back and forth :P

Brian, how's that thing going to do autocrossing on pavement with the rear end welded?
                              Most likely it will push like a loaded cement mixer.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                                Originally posted by TheSilverBuick

Most likely it will push like a loaded cement mixer.

Brian
                                nothin' an air pressure adj, cant fix ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X