Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Race Car of the Week: The 1961 Ferrari 156

Re: Vintage Race Car of the Week: The 1961 Ferrari 156

I took a vacation to Italy about 6 years ago... in addition to the Ducati factory and museum, I visited Maranello.

The price of admission for a factory tour there is free.... if you purchase a new Ferrari.

But any pilgrim can visit the museum, and it is SPECTACULAR. In addition to the Phil Hill car, there's a bunch of other waaaay cool stuff there.

Comment

The Ferrari 156 is the most beautiful F1 car ever. When I was a kid I devoured Road and Track and during the 1961 season I drooled over those Ferrari's and cried when von Trips was killed at Monza. It was exciting that Phil Hill won the GP championship, but under such tragic circumstances it was a shallow victory I am sure.

Thanks, Brian, for the memories.

Comment

beautiful cars.......you know, my youngest son just saw this with me....he went running to his room, and brought back a Hot Wheels car...damned if this very automobile hasn't been immortalized by the world's largest car company.

Comment

Mario Andretti was considered as an American when he won the F1 title in 1978.

DW

Comment

Working...
          X