eBay Picks of the Week: Hemi Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Picks of the Week: Hemi Edition!

Re: eBay Picks of the Week: Hemi Edition!

That Fury is Awesome.....

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Re: eBay Picks of the Week: Hemi Edition!

That Fury just triggered a massive flashback for me. Car Craft Street Machine Nationals-1983! First day of the show and me and my buddies are on the sidewalk on our way in while cars are all lined up to get in too. I hear, or more accurately feel something pulling up behind us. I turn around and see THAT car. We all just stood there with our mouths hanging open unable to speak-that car had presence! It was different then-had red anodized Cragar Super Tricks on it-and license plates! It was pretty quiet but COMPLETELY nasty-it shook the ground and you could feel it up through your feet. It just reeked of a full-on no-holds-barred street racer. Like a few other cars seen that weekend it had a front license plate that said DETROIT!. IIRC it had a MaxWedge motor with a cross-ram at the time(but it's been a long time). Every time we saw the car it was with that orange Starliner with a Cammer in it-which was really something too. To this day that car remains in my memory as one of the top ten most bad-ass cars I've ever seen-seeing it raised the bar on what bad-ass really meant.

If that's truly the same car and not a tribute or a clone I'm sure it has some stories to tell. Thanks for that-made my day.

Comment

Working...
      X