Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top 11 Worst Ever Special-Edition Vehicles

Re: The Top 11 Worst Ever Special-Edition Vehicles

No mention of the King Ranch Ford? I still can't understand people who would buy a new truck that smells like a dairy (crap!).
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Those Quad 442's were decent stuff for the day. They would flat walk away from my Monte SS when it was stock. :-[ Dark days, indeed.

I was 8 when the Shelby Dakotas came out. They gave me a jonesing for a small-block S-10 that has yet to go away.
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Does anyone on the boards own one of these?

Freiburger drives an Orvis Grand Cherokee! In his defense, it was his parents car and he wanted a V8 Cherokee as his "family" car. Apparently Karen the Crew Cab Chevelle didn't quite cut it, and she wasn't hot on riding in it herself.
        "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by carjunkiechad
          Does anyone on the boards own one of these?

Briefly owned a "Hang 10." It was in real bad shape - bought it for parts for my '73 Dart Sport that I owned just before the Demon.

Wouldn't mind having one just for the curiousity factor....

Comment

we(mother)
            had one you didn't list
            the levis fishbowl

Comment

What about the Levi's Gremlin? :o
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

While not a factory special edition as such, these things have to go down as among the very worst:

Hot Rod magazine was all over stuff like this back then. ;D

Comment

Gucci AMC....hahahaha

Seth
                  200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano
                    What about the Levi's Gremlin? :o
                    Thank you for leaving the Levi's Gremmie OFF the list. The denim seats were much better than the plastic ones you got otherwise.
                    How about the Bostonian Cougars? They got roof padding about 3 inches thick. And in the Chicago area, back in the mid 70's, Fencl Tufo Chevy had the "Primo" series of the entire Chevy line. Got a fake spare tire glued on the trunk lid, landau top, and a bunch of other crap. Looked like it was designed by pimps. This from a dealer who sold a large number of Yenko cars.

Comment

Anybody remember the 1976 bicentennial edition cars? Red White an Blue paint jobs? Every Cheverolet model could be had in a patriotic paint job....
                      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Ohhhh - - there were plenty more worthless piles....both psuedo new names and sticker insults of famous names.

Fords:
                        Remember the Mustang/Maverick/Pinto "Stallion" - silver & black with a big ol' horse sticker?
                        And the ever popular Cobra II and King Cobra Mustangs. Or maybe you just want to own a Pinto Cruising Wagon with the porthole on the side.

GM had a couple too - I mean really - how cool IS a Can-AM? Or how insulting is a '74 Z-28 with zero power and HUGE stickers on it's nose? The last GS Buick ranked up with your Olds 442 - or you could get the black trim and call it a GSX.

Chrysler - how about taking a now again famed monicker and hanging it on an imported P.O.S. with a gnarly 2.6L - the Mitsubishi Challenger. They seem to forget that one in the "history of" marketing blitz. Or perhaps we'll hit back to the 70's and find a Dodge "Street Van" with that porthole and some chrome rims to park alongside your Pinto....

Comment

The "Hoosier"-edition Ford Rangers from back in the late'80's-early '90's.

What kind of wacky options could distinguish Rangers built in Indiana from any of the other countless models?

2 badges.

2 lousy, Indiana-shaped badges.......and people paid EXTRA for this!

LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                            The "Hoosier"-edition Ford Rangers from back in the late'80's-early '90's.

What kind of wacky options could distinguish Rangers built in Indiana from any of the other countless models?

2 badges.

2 lousy, Indiana-shaped badges.......and people paid EXTRA for this!

LMAO

Wow I forgot those! I remember people thought they were special since they had the hoosier emblem. :

Comment

They sell an f'ing Patriots version of a Fisher Plow up here. It's silver and has the Pats logo on it....for one season until it's rusted and Pat Patriot's head looks like he's had brain surgery with a Mccullough chain saw.

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X