Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragstrip Back From the Dead! 75-80 Dragway in Maryland to Re-Open

Re: Dragstrip Back From the Dead! 75-80 Dragway in Maryland to Re-Open

I spy a road course on the satellite pix.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

You don't know haw bad we've been jonesing, since I live less than 10 miles from there.

BTW, Dag, that road course is for karts.

"First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

I think that was the very first drag strip I ever went to. I was 6, it may have been Cecil County, but looking at pics I think it was 75-80.

Comment

Originally posted by PatricksDad
          You don't know haw bad we've been jonesing, since I live less than 10 miles from there.

Junk.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

We got wind of this a little bit ago. The Annapolis guys are psyched to go on up and check out the action. I will pm you when we plan a trip on up. We can probably talk Badlanguage in to showing up he is just north of DC.

Steve
            Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Let me know. I know a gear head or two from down by South River that grew up around here so I'll give them a shout too.

I'll try to get up there in the next couple of days to get some pics.
              "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

think there should be a junkyard drags there, for no other reason.. thats ,it's an odd day to hear of one reopen'n instead of being forced to close..

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal

We got wind of this a little bit ago. The Annapolis guys are psyched to go on up and check out the action. I will pm you when we plan a trip on up. We can probably talk Badlanguage in to showing up he is just north of DC.

Steve
                  Wouldn't take too much to talk me into going! It's awesome the place is open again! Just say when.

George

Comment

Patrick & I got out on Saturday to have a look. I'm still really jazzed that I won't need to drive an hour for my 1/4 mile jones but, holy crap, they've got a lot of work to do. Check out a recent episode of MotorWeek on Speed to see what it's looked like recently. They've done most of their instrumented testing there in the recent past.

It looks like they've buried all new conduit for the timing and electrical. I think one of the reasons they quit was that no one but Wilcom could keep the timing system up and running.

It looks like they might have also started the cutting of pavement for a new pad as well. Have to see.

There was no one around but a handful of contractors, but as far as I could tell they were working all weekend on the underground type stuff they need to get done before the pretty stuff happens.

I'll be on the road starting Monday, but I'll see if I can get up there in a couple of weeks to talk to someone in charge.

More pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/chrisw8925/75802009#

Comment

I always loved that track.
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

apr 3 they better hurry up not much time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well, April 3rd didn't happen due to iffy weather, but a few dozen cars made it out on Saturday afternoon. I couldn't get there on Sunday but I think they had a similar turnout.

No eliminations this past weekend, just T&T, but they should be ready by the 17th.

For Brian:

Lots more pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/chrisw89...eat=directlink

Comment

Neat!!

Glad to hear it's risen from the dead!
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                            X