Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lohnes' Pic of the Week: Leaf-Blower Supercharger!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lohnes' Pic of the Week: Leaf-Blower Supercharger!

Ya know...if you use a throttle cable from a lawmower, coat hangers for 'brackets', and duct tape to mount a couple of those butane refill canisters to shoot into your carb, it'll cause a big fire......I was young. it was the 70's. i dont remember much else...
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Aircooled
      It takes roughtly 40 hp to move 800 cfm at 10 psi of boost.
      That system will be lucky to generate 1/2 a psi of boost at engine redline.
      and points out why ram air systems are .. for looks

Comment

Originally posted by MentalMuffinMan
        Turk saw actual benefit from the scoop on the camaro....at 250mph. HA!

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
          well hell why not...i heard they were stuffing toyota motors in cameros
          Not a chance, and there's a snowball's chance that a magazine devoted to American cars would ever feature the product of such incest. However, as it was the April magazine, perhaps it was just some sad joke....
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

they logged a few psi of positive manifold pressure in the camaro at 250mph. but in any other case - you're right

still, I was impressed to see what improvements could be made over stock intakes (with something as simple as a cold air intake). 10% gains from bottom, to top, were not uncommon.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneshrink
              Not a chance, and there's a snowball's chance that a magazine devoted to American cars would ever feature the product of such incest. However, as it was the April magazine, perhaps it was just some sad joke....
              chad and shaun and I worked at a place together, where we were building a 70 Dart with a 2JZ in it. Only, this 2JZ was prepped for alcohol and 1400-1600hp. The chassis work was done - beautifully - by Fast Eddie in SoCal. He's the shit! The motor was built, we *almost* made Drag Week 2007 with it.

2/3 of us got laid off the week after Drag Week. Economic downturn sucks. But we were told, if we finished it, it would likely get a feature in HRM just for being different. Even if it was an April Fool's joke, the 2JZ Camaro is a bitchin ride and there's a lot of logic with that powerplant (cheapest big power available) in that car.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                Turk saw actual benefit from the scoop on the camaro....at 250mph. HA!

Brian
                well at 250 mph..
                I'd hope so,, unless you have a 200 mph tailwind ;D

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                  they logged a few psi of positive manifold pressure in the camaro at 250mph. but in any other case - you're right

still, I was impressed to see what improvements could be made over stock intakes (with something as simple as a cold air intake). 10% gains from bottom, to top, were not uncommon.
                  cold air isn't ram air..
                  and air temp makes or takes hp..
                  so cold intake ,hp increase , isn't a surprise

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                    Originally posted by Stoneshrink
                    chad and shaun and I worked at a place together, where we were building a 70 Dart with a 2JZ in it. Only, this 2JZ was prepped for alcohol and 1400-1600hp. The chassis work was done - beautifully - by Fast Eddie in SoCal. He's the shit! The motor was built, we *almost* made Drag Week 2007 with it.

2/3 of us got laid off the week after Drag Week. Economic downturn sucks. But we were told, if we finished it, it would likely get a feature in HRM just for being different. Even if it was an April Fool's joke, the 2JZ Camaro is a bitchin ride and there's a lot of logic with that powerplant (cheapest big power available) in that car.
                    ahhh yes i remember this because we had alot of crazy ideas going back and forth on this project.

Comment

Working...
                    X