Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Came From the fab Shop: The $5.00 3D Chassis Model

Re: It Came From the fab Shop: The $5.00 3D Chassis Model

Looks excellent. The only thing I'd look at a little closer is the steering shaft, might want to put a couple angles in it instead of a straight line so it has a place to go in an impact.

Comment

Great to see you add this feature. I take Circle Track and Street Rodder, not because I race or build that type of car, but to get the fabrication tips and articles. I look forward to seeing how this evolves.

Bob

Comment

great to see new content!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

"IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Glad to have you on board. The model is cool as hell. I've done the same thing many times, and if nothing else, the visualization is great. Plus that one looks cool sitting on your desk or shelf at home.
          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Sweet.....I made my Chevelle out of Legos so that I knew what I was looking for. ;D ;D ;D

Seth
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

If a pic is worth a thousand words, then a model's gotta be worth a million...(maybe a trillion nowadays) Nice story great concept well illustrated. One Problem though... I want more of this.
              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

That is cool. This should be another regularly interesting blog.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Very nice, thanks for letting us see this trick
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496
                    If a pic is worth a thousand words, then a model's gotta be worth a million...(maybe a trillion nowadays) Nice story great concept well illustrated. One Problem though... I want more of this.
                    You'll get it, every Friday!

Loren has not fallen into the trap the rest of us scribes fall into about getting stuff done about 13 seconds before deadline. He got me a pile of stuff ahead of schedule! Freaky!

A great addition to our lineup!

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Thanks for all comments...and suggestions! We're hoping to build a super-rigid driver compartment but "softer" front- and rear structure for a little crash absorbsion. Note that we are not the experts here (yet?) and I'll be sharing mistakes as well as successes, as we figure things out or someone in-the-know comes along and sets us straight.

I'll be tending toward the slightly-unconventional or "creative" in subject matter whether it be this car or something else, figuring that that normal stuff is available anywhere. Huge thanks to Brian, Chad, David and everyone else here at FJY for the opportunity! This is gonna be fun...

Loren

Comment

Loren, great first article, keep up the good work.
                        I look forward to next Friday ...

;D

Comment

Good stuff. Looking forward to further installments.
                          Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

That's pretty damn neat. Sometimes it's nice to be able to work with a tangible model of a design you're working on without having to jump through hoops. Few of my colleagues seem to understand that: they're always trigger happy to jump on a computer asap. I always begin with a paper sketch, then usually to a more detailed design (still on paper!), and then to the computer. I still laugh at some of the reluctance of some people to break out the paper, pencil, cardboard, and welding rod ( ;) ) when you're initially kicking off a design. To me, this is truly bench racing in 3D.

This is a great new feature. I look forward to seeing more from KS04.

Comment

Thia is where my brain wants to go but my talents and wallet aren't there yet. This will be great to watch and ask questions. Heres my first. What did you use to bend those small curves with ,and so uniformly too ?

Comment

Working...
                              X