Chadmouth: Hot Rodding with the Glass Half Full

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chadmouth: Hot Rodding with the Glass Half Full

My financial fortunes have tanked in the last 5 yrs. ALLOT of friends an family think i'm an idiot for keepin my ride. They think the sky is falling and "Luxury" like my rustbucket, have to go...? Its the only ride I have left. But i have a standing offer of 8k for it. - (unless i bend it). that would pay off the electric bill and buy me a 'sensible ride'. I can't afford fast anymore, but maintenance is cheap. cheaper than a car payment. an twisting that key each morning for the ride to work is pure therapy for what ails me. A high torque stickshift posi in the snow is one of the things i live for...I am seriously considering the option Chad descibed. Part time at the local Au() %one to supplement my full time job. They even reimburse for ASE testing and some classes. Money ain't everything. nice though......Hey Chad - can ya call my mom an sisters an explain that "half full" theory to them... they're a pain at holidays...........
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Great blog, at a time when it needs to be said. This is coming from a reformed 'glass half-empty' kind of guy.

Comment

Great piece Chad - I appreciate the insight.

A lot of people have looked at me like I was nuts when I've told them I left Honda to work at Ford in 2000.

A few have even had the nerve to say things like "boy I bet you wish you would have stayed at Honda now"

Nope - not even a little. Even as I've watched friends walk out the door during layoffs and early retirements, I'm thankful for a job at an American company that makes products I appreciate - believe in and enjoy.

When I was at Honda I used to dream about being able to drive Mustang prototypes - and now I have!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Chad...you know we are one of the "would do this gig for nothing" club. All money is good for is food, shelter, and entertainment. The more entertainment your job provides the more that is left for the other two. Any excess after taking care of food and shelter is just keeping score [which IS entertainment to some!]. Carry on!

Comment

Working...
          X