The Hack Job General Lee has Officially Hit Rock Bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hack Job General Lee has Officially Hit Rock Bottom

It's a really disgusting "restoration". It's a scam, and I feel for the owner. Who would have known? Exactly, and though the old adage caveat emptor holds true here, this is definitely fraud and deserves to be punished severely. This underscores why I prize original paint to such a high degree, because then you know what you've got, or at least try to pick up a rust-free desert car to start with.
    President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

as sad as this car is.. there are more out there..
      and, if I was by'n a car, that costly.. a plane ticket.. is cheap insurance..
      or even, having a car board guy, go look at it..
      one magnet and a little time.. would've save this guy alot of greef..
      internet car shopping it great.. and a car that a few grand..
      I can see, not going to look at it.. and use'n the pic's..
      but, on a car thats not cheap.. no way..
      a few c note to go look at it.. or pay someone to look (tons of people offer this service, in hemming motor news)
      can't wait to see the car done,, and I hope the seller has to eat the repair bill...

Comment

Originally posted by yogreasygramma
        It's a really disgusting "restoration". It's a scam, and I feel for the owner. Who would have known? Exactly, and though the old adage caveat emptor holds true here, this is definitely fraud and deserves to be punished severely. This underscores why I prize original paint to such a high degree, because then you know what you've got, or at least try to pick up a rust-free desert car to start with.
        I agree completely!!!!

Originally posted by MentalMuffinMan
        as sad as this car is.. there are more out there..
        and, if I was by'n a car, that costly.. a plane ticket.. is cheap insurance..
        or even, having a car board guy, go look at it..
        one magnet and a little time.. would've save this guy alot of greef..
        internet car shopping it great.. and a car that a few grand..
        I can see, not going to look at it.. and use'n the pic's..
        but, on a car thats not cheap.. no way..
        a few c note to go look at it.. or pay someone to look (tons of people offer this service, in hemming motor news)
        can't wait to see the car done,, and I hope the seller has to eat the repair bill...
        Yeah, I hope so too. This will end in court one way or another, no question about it.

As for bringing a car guy along, I had so many raving reviews of this car from knowledgeable Mopar people I figured "What the Hell, I can't go wrong!" so I came up with the $$ to buy this thing.. I got to Maryland, from Boston, and the Orange paint just blinded me. I WAS NOT going home with an empty trailer...

The funny part is my wife was using her head, it was me that wasn't.. She was pointing numerous things out and I kept saying "The drivetrain is all I care about, the rest can be fixed".

If I only knew what I was talking about....

Check out KrazyFlake.com!! New pictures being added daily!!

http://www.krazyflake.com/gallery/index.php/

Comment

hear ya..
          it's hard ,when a hot looking car is sit'n there, and you got money burning a hole in pocket..
          I did the samething with a truck from texas,,
          tho, mines no ware near as bad, and wasn't as costly..
          it's still got alot of flaws..
          but.. it was still in better shape ,than what was around here for double the money..
          so.. I wished I flew out to see it first..
          but. oh well..
          yours on the otherhand.. the sellers lucky,, that deathtrap.. wasn't used and in a fenderbender..
          good luck.. and post more pics

Comment

Originally posted by MentalMuffinMan
            hear ya..
            it's hard ,when a hot looking car is sit'n there, and you got money burning a hole in pocket..
            I did the samething with a truck from texas,,
            tho, mines no ware near as bad, and wasn't as costly..
            it's still got alot of flaws..
            but.. it was still in better shape ,than what was around here for double the money..
            so.. I wished I flew out to see it first..
            but. oh well..
            yours on the otherhand.. the sellers lucky,, that deathtrap.. wasn't used and in a fenderbender..
            good luck.. and post more pics
            You are right there!!!! If the car had burst into flames while I had my wife and daughter in the car you bet I'd be on the news telling my story.

There's been some good developments regarding BK Auto that I WISH I could post in public, but until certain things happen, I have to keep quiet.

As for flying out and looking at it, based on the "restoration page" provided and the praises of some long time Mopar guys I figured this was an ace in the hole... Well it sure was, an ACE IN THE HOLE to keep the metal/body shop in business for the Winter!!

Oh well, it'll all work out in the end and I'll finally have the car of my dreams.. It's just too bad that the deception has to cloud the memory of the whole deal.

Pictures will be coming. I put some new shots up on the Charger forum the other night of some of Blair's metal work.
            Check out KrazyFlake.com!! New pictures being added daily!!

http://www.krazyflake.com/gallery/index.php/

Comment

Brian, I sent you a pm on the Charger forum. Remember, you hear nothing. ;D ;) Chuck.......... Sorry guys, we will have an update soon and thanks again for sharing this horror story and helping to spread the word.

Comment

Skip....let me just say this. I fear you.

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                  Skip....let me just say this. I fear you.

Brian
                  Care to share this info?
                  "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Yeah...

I fear no one, but there are people I'm smart enough to
                    stay away from. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by min301
                      Yeah...

I fear no one, but there are people I'm smart enough to
                      stay away from. ;)
                      That's how I roll.

I feel badly that someone's had to go through soething like this....and I can't say that I'd have been any more attentive to the initial flaws.

Orange paint and an "01" on the doors does that to a man.

Comment

As soon as the info can be made public I and or Jeff will make sure that it is put up here for the eyes of the world. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by skip68
                          As soon as the info can be made public I and or Jeff will make sure that it is put up here for the eyes of the world. ;D
                          Looking forward to seeing it.
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Skip's a guy you want working WITH you...not against you. When the word can be shouted from the hills, we'll be doing it.

Brian

Comment

Hey Brian, I've tried to send you a pm and it says enter a code but I can't seem to get it. ??? I guess I'm not that smart. Make sure to check the pm I sent you on the Charger forum. I think you will like what you read. Sorry for putting this here. Chuck.............

Comment

Message received!

Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X