Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Coverage: The 2009 Big 3 Swap Meet in San Diego, 110 Photos

Re: Event Coverage: The 2009 Big 3 Swap Meet in San Diego, 110 Photos

Violation game on the IH Scout- its a 2-wheel drive!!! I loved the blue Tonka Van. Never seen one of them before. GREAT JOB guys. Us east coast guys so envy you left coasters. ;D ;D ;D
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

This looks familiar, or is it my imagination?

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Oh, man. First, cudo's for driving to San Diego on a Friday. I think you walk faster.

Second. Oh man, I want too many of those cars, the patinaed 63 Nova, the Model A five window, the road race vette, the untouched duece 5 window......

That $7500 asking price for the SCOT blower was a deal. The last three I saw on ebay went for $14k plus.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

how much was the trip black gto vert(3rd pic)

Comment

I missed out on the swap meet this weekend, was working on the lemons car. Next time, let us know, I'd have met up with you for some beers or something down by the stadium.

Comment

Chad
              How were the prices?
              Curious if the current economy is taking a toll
              on the swap meet stuff.
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

The road race vette made my day 8) ;).So many cool cars.Only in America.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
                  Violation game on the IH Scout- its a 2-wheel drive!!! I loved the blue Tonka Van. Never seen one of them before. GREAT JOB guys. Us east coast guys so envy you left coasters. ;D ;D ;D

Good catch 13. There were so many violations on the IH, but the most horrid was the front tube axle with no diff. Some people are just wrong. Save the black paint dude, and buy a Dana.
                  "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

A couple of you have asked about prices, and to be honest it seems to depend on what it is that's for sale. Parts seem to be coming down a little. For instance, there were several good intakes at the swap that you could have for $30 to $50. Holley Street Dominators were at one spot, and they were $40. That would normally be a $75 intake.

Cars are hit or miss, but the Scrambler and a couple others were killer deals. Dune buggies were a rip off as usual.
                    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Working...
                    X