Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eBay Pick Counter-Attack: 4.3-Mile IROC Camaro!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: eBay Pick Counter-Attack: 4.3-Mile IROC Camaro!

I had an 89 IROC; and spent quality time deciding whether or not to buy an 87 5 spd 305 IROC.... because they were (seat of pants speaking) equal in performance.... but I don't think they sold for that new...

tiresmoke, did you get your true feelings out about t-tops? :D
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I think they sold for about 15k new?

hard to read the sticker

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

stripper - the tpi ones were 17k
        mom had an lg4 84 sportcoupe , torquey pinging 305 , put like 300,000 miles on that car

Comment

I really didnt mind those year Camaros, everyone thought those Z28's and IROCS were so damn fast, I always had Mustang 5.0 ,GT's and LX's. I always liked my Fords better, but as cocky as I was,and can be I still know that through the mid to later 80's and still today that you better just watch out for the Grand Nationals from Buick,yeah I am a Buick fan also. Give my left nut for a GNX. So why would anyone go so crazy over a car that was 3rd best?

Comment

I asked the seller if he was going to relist it and he replied ..

"Waiting on some people to make a decision on the purchase. I may re-list if I can't work things out."

Seems to be a common answer on FeeBay these days ...

:P

Comment

*@#!

Why? 'Cuz they looked(still do IMHO) so damn good.

Too bad they didn't have the beans to back it up in stock form(the L98s were an improvement, but still.....you don't exactly see an entire sub-culture having evolved around them.....I'll give the Fox Mustang that much).

Luckily, that's easily corrected(in non-Communist states) with an engine swap.

Too bad that IROC went to pot in that trailer.....I'd almost guarantee a mouse nest in the damn heater box and exhaust system.

I honestly woder WHY the owner just packed it away as such? Yeah, people like ME appreciate this thing(it's an illness), but it's just a Camaro with a 305, 5-speed and fancy stickers......I hated those little thumbdial thingamajiggers, WORTHLESS crap to charge extra for.

Comment

Shelby Chargers and Daytonas looked good, but that doesnt make them worth anything today. But again I do admire the technology that they had with efi and turbos. I guess all brands have people that are loyalist and no matter what there cars are the stuff to them. What car carried the title ,fastest production car in America for a few years?
                Fastest 1/4 mile,fastest top end? Well Buick GN of course, our favorite magazines back up that claim.
                Stock, from the factory, not modified. This car beat my favorite of the time,Mustang ,also Corvette and Camaro.

Comment

Regals were rental cars in the 80s. The little FWD crapboxes from dodge were just too small and crapboxy, not sporty enough....they were also just hopped up rental cars, but a lower class of rental car.

Of course I rented a few Camaros in the mid 80s...V6...
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

I just dont see how that is justified,they might have been rental cars,but we are talking GN's bonified American Muscle,not run of the mill Regals,thats like saying oh ,all Camaros was so fast ,most of those cars was 6 cyl pcs of crap,and yes that 2.8 was crap, ,,at least most Regals whether Granpas or what was a 3.8 Buick. I remember when the new Camaro came out in 82 and for a few years those cars came with everything from a 4 cyl to what a 305. Top of the line cars 5.0 Mustangs, Iroc POS, Corvettes,or GN's ,GN's was top dogs,even the FBI used GN's as the car.Even Pontiac wanted in on the 3.8 Turbo thing,but the F body was to heavy,to slow!
                    I like American Muscle,but admit it all things great didnt have a Chevy in it, next thing you know Citations are going to be real American Muscle. Even in Busch series racing ,Buicks spanked Ass,beat many small blocks, Ford wouldnt even race in that series for a while,those guys used Buicks.Carl Wegner had it going on, even the Cup guys would use Buick designed heads,better flow design, everbody cried foul.Its fact.

Comment

Mope...is that you?

;D

I fully concede the 3rd-gen F-bodies were lacking in HP....no one here is stating anything to the contrary.

I like what I like, and make no apologies for it.

Yes, the GN would dust any domestic-built car in it's time(I had one for a VERY short time...its departure was not of my choosing).

Back on topic: This is likely the lowest-mileage '85 IROC on the planet.

Comment

I know a guy that has a 89 IROC with I think 2,000 miles on it .Hes got it for sale something around 23 grand i think. Its in the Hemmings Motor news this month.

Comment

Originally posted by realsteelfreak
                          I really didnt mind those year Camaros, everyone thought those Z28's and IROCS were so damn fast, I always had Mustang 5.0 ,GT's and LX's. I always liked my Fords better, but as cocky as I was,and can be I still know that through the mid to later 80's and still today that you better just watch out for the Grand Nationals from Buick,yeah I am a Buick fan also. Give my left nut for a GNX. So why would anyone go so crazy over a car that was 3rd best?

not even 3rd....at least 4th. i have a magazine page that shows the monte ss's were faster than the camaro's. not saying that the monte was fast stock (we all know it wasnt) and now that i think of it the 2.2 turbo dodge's were probably quicker too. or at least the GLH ones. i wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred bucks for that car

Comment

I can understand about liking what you like, but any car 4.3 miles or 43,000 sitting that long will have some serious problems from sitting and to me it would be hard to justify anything much over a couple thousand bucks.But to each his own.
                            Also thats so true about the Dodges, the later ones that had intercoolers and was very quick.

Comment

Believe me, I agree with the long storage time= bad stuff.

The gaskets and valveseals weren't worth a damn to begin with.......that oil has sat in the pan for so long, stuff gets corrosive after a while. Front and real seals on that T-5 are likely hardened and brittle as well.

I wouldn't pay what the guy is asking for it, for sure....but it's worth SOMETHING.

Comment

Probably should go in a museum, so it doesn't matter what condition the working parts are in. Yeah....waste of a perfectly good car...but hey, any 20+ year old car with under ten miles on the clock is pretty much a one-of-a-kind.
                                My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X