Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHRA versus ADRL on Nitro Pro Mods

Re: NHRA versus ADRL on Nitro Pro Mods

Sorry, Brian, but Wootton's name is spelled correctly in the ADRL release and Nowling has no "K" at the start of his last name.

Just thought you'd want to know.

Ian Tocher
    VP, Publications
    American Drag Racing League

PS. When you gonna' make it out to a race? Contact me at [email protected]

Comment

Wonder if NHRA would really care if they didnt have a National event in a week or two.There are alot of "non profit" organizations out there that dont seem to be as obsessed about the almighty dollar as what Compton and Light are JMO.

Comment

Ian, can I score some discounted tickets to a ADRL raced? ;D

The NHRA could learn from the ADRL!
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto
          Ian, can I score some discounted tickets to a ADRL raced? ;D

The NHRA could learn from the ADRL!
          Don't know how much more discounted we can go, Doug. I'm not quite willing to pay you to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian
            Sorry, Brian, but Wootton's name is spelled correctly in the ADRL release and Nowling has no "K" at the start of his last name.
            Just thought you'd want to know.

Ian Tocher
            VP, Publications
            American Drag Racing League

PS. When you gonna' make it out to a race? Contact me at [email protected]
            Ian.....no excuse. I am a dope.

I have to ask though, isn't there a Wooten that races with you guys too? I good him spun around with Wootoon....why can't these guys be named Smith?

I'll have that edited momentarily. I'll be in touch with you about getting out to an event this season. I'd love to and I know our readers would dig the coverage.

Apologies,

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

so are you saying after this race, when he is at a non-nhra track, he can run 100%?
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel
                so are you saying after this race, when he is at a non-nhra track, he can run 100%?
                Can run whatever ADRL says is legal. A full snoot if allowed. NHRA could learn from a lot of things, but they already have things all figgered out doncha know.

Comment

NHRA kinda gets me on this stuff I was day dreaming and wondering the other day about if some one could run a injected NITRO top dragster, then I read the rule book and you can't run NITRO in any thing except top fuel, funny car and injected A dragster's. I know it's saftey but what if a guy wanted to try it in top draster or top sportman.

Comment

Originally posted by THUNDERBIRD86
                    NHRA kinda gets me on this stuff I was day dreaming and wondering the other day about if some one could run a injected NITRO top dragster, then I read the rule book and you can't run NITRO in any thing except top fuel, funny car and injected A dragster's. I know it's saftey but what if a guy wanted to try it in top draster or top sportman.
                    you know, i have thought this for a long time. where does someone go if they want to mess around with the stuff? how are you supposed to learn about it without joining the circus?
                    Originally posted by TC

Comment

Yeah what if instead of a pricey 600+ inch motor a guy wanted to run a injected nitro small block, it would eat parts but the parts would be cheaper and man you could learn alot. It looks like you could way back when, why not now?

Comment

r/c cars . ;D
                        Reading , Pa
                        Good Guys rodders rep.
                        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

i help build a injected nitro small block dragster last year, it's a cool little car and get this.........it doesn't eat parts. i'm sure it would if you stepped on it, but it's chassis only has a 7.49 tag and it runs that easily, set up real soft.
                          the problem now with it is he needs to put it in a FED so he can run some nostalgia races with it. ie. actually use it.
                          you really can't hot lap it (although we did) and it needs someone to help get it started. as for why can't you do it? i think it's because of insurance reasons.
                          Originally posted by TC

Comment

My opinion of the NHRA as a sanctioning body just keeps dropping.
                            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel
                              i help build a injected nitro small block dragster last year, it's a cool little car and get this.........it doesn't eat parts. I'm sure it would if you stepped on it, but it's chassis only has a 7.49 tag and it runs that easily, set up real soft.
                              the problem now with it is he needs to put it in a FED so he can run some nostalgia races with it. ie. actually use it.
                              you really can't hot lap it (although we did) and it needs someone to help get it started. as for why can't you do it? i think it's because of insurance reasons.
                              Man sounds cool, every now and then I start looking at dragster chassis and think about one set up for divisional top dragster or local quick 8. Seems like allot of them that will only certified to 7.50 (have seen the E.T. of national event top dragster cars no way I could afford that). Why is there such a range of prices in dragster chassis that have the certification material and level of completion?

Comment

Working...
                              X