NHRA versus ADRL on Nitro Pro Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NHRA versus ADRL on Nitro Pro Mods

one of the limiting factors on that one was that it only has three bolts per side holding the rearend plates to the chassis. a current top alcohol or top fuel car would have four, larger diameter ones. this one was a older one too, so it sat at a chassis shop for a while to get a few updates to the cage area. nothing was done to it so it could run nitro, all they are concerned about is e.t.
    i'm doing another one right now except it's injected alcohol, and it exactly the same as far as the cert. goes.
    i really love the dragsters, but i'm itching to do a nitro door car now.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

A small block non-blown nitro car is called Jr. Fuel.....I thought that this was a typical class run at drag strips across the country. Is it not recognized by the NHRA???? I know that I have not been to a national meet in a long time (due to the insane costs incurred just to run in a nation event) but this used to be a class at local tracks. It was where you got your foot in the door tuning a fuel car. Austin Coil did not start off tuning on nitro in T/F.

Comment

you are so right about austin coil......
        but in the NHRA JR/Fuel is no more......at least in the 20 some odd NHRA races i went to last year.
        i keep seeing one guy that runs a N/D FED dragster in comp....but it runs on gas....
        getting your foot in the door now requires you to live out of a duffel bag for weeks at a time, work for $500 a week, and be single......(not that $500 a week is bad) some make more....and it's not like living out of a duffel bag is bad....i've done it.....
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

>Small blocks on Nitro
          Southwest Superchargers run stuff like that

A few pics here: http://www.abilenedragstrip.com/shoo...8Saturday.html

I law awake at night, dreaming of an FED, about 180" with a methanol injected 289 in it. Not sure why...... ;D I have the parts - yep, a set of 12:1 TRWs for a 289 and a picture on the shop wall, what else do ya need.

Comment

Working...
          X