Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorized Freak of the Week: The Euclid TC-12 Bulldozer

Re: Motorized Freak of the Week: The Euclid TC-12 Bulldozer

Can we gat a translation on that Aussie video? The announcer was just fine but the owner was beyond me. Pretty cool. all in all.

Dan

Comment

Big-ass machines they are.

I moved quite a few pieces of machinery during my lowboy/heavy haul days(I miss them...too bad it's largely seasonal)......PLENTY of bulldozers.

As a result, I've operated some of them as well....mostly Caterpillar(my preference) and Case, but there have been a few oddballs such as International-Hough, and a Terex/Euclid as well.

While the Terex was a massive bastard, and would push through most anything you put in front of it(this one had an 8V71 in it...the 8V's have a more demonic tone than the 6-71's or even the 12V71's)....no way I'd sit on that headache-inducing thing all day.

Cool feature, keep'em coming!

Comment

At the end of the day, operators were heard to say "WHAT? WHAT?"

Comment

International had some dual stack models, but the stacks were both on the same engine...straight 6 with two 3cyl heads on the same block.

That Euclid is an impressive machine! anyting with two GMC blowers gets my vote of approval
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Imagine the oil on the ground from two slobbering 6-71's. You only worried when they stopped leaking.

Comment

heh...I named my old International TD9 "Spot" because he always leaves his mark. And yeah, if any part is not leaking, it's out of oil
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That is awesome!! What an impressive machine!!!
                Check out KrazyFlake.com!! New pictures being added daily!!

http://www.krazyflake.com/gallery/index.php/

Comment

I'm impressed it took that guy less than 6 months to restore one.

Comment

6 months does seem kinda quick.....maybe not so much of a full restoration as maybe a repaint/new lines/hoses?

Still, it'll get out there and WORK.......earplugs, muffs, and an economy-size bottle of Tylenol not included.

Comment

For a summer between highschool and college, I drove a Euclid earth mover for my uncle's construction company. It had a pair of 8-cyl detroits - one for the front half, one for the rear. It had a pneumatic throttle control for the rear engine.

They burnt a lot of fuel. They were mostly used for building highways. (for those interested, I worked on the I-469 bypass that goes to the east side of Fort Wayne, IN).

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I seem to recall an old flick named 'Killdozer' that had a bulldozer posessed by an evil spirit that drove around wrecking things and squashing people stupid enough to hide in steel pipes.

Was this the Euclid TC-12 or something else? Bigger or smaller?
                        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

I think it was a Caterpillar.

I just realized something. The company that makes huge by large machinery that does everything from hauling to destroying on large scales is named after a fuzzy worm. That's almost a joke.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I think it's smaller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVBSGXj7HrM

Originally posted by DanStokes
                            Can we gat a translation on that Aussie video? The announcer was just fine but the owner was beyond me. Pretty cool. all in all.

Dan
                            I have no problems with his English : what part don't you understand, I could write it all out but...
                            Tim
                            Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Working...
                            X