• Show
Clear All

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Re: Motorized Freak of the Week: The Euclid TC-12 Bulldozer

I think it's smaller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVBSGXj7HrM

Originally posted by DanStokes
    Can we gat a translation on that Aussie video? The announcer was just fine but the owner was beyond me. Pretty cool. all in all.

Dan
    I have no problems with his English : what part don't you understand, I could write it all out but...

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied

I think it was a Caterpillar.

I just realized something. The company that makes huge by large machinery that does everything from hauling to destroying on large scales is named after a fuzzy worm. That's almost a joke.

Leave a comment:

• mlcraven
    replied

I seem to recall an old flick named 'Killdozer' that had a bulldozer posessed by an evil spirit that drove around wrecking things and squashing people stupid enough to hide in steel pipes.

Was this the Euclid TC-12 or something else? Bigger or smaller?

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied

For a summer between highschool and college, I drove a Euclid earth mover for my uncle's construction company. It had a pair of 8-cyl detroits - one for the front half, one for the rear. It had a pneumatic throttle control for the rear engine.

They burnt a lot of fuel. They were mostly used for building highways. (for those interested, I worked on the I-469 bypass that goes to the east side of Fort Wayne, IN).

Leave a comment:

• tiresmoke!
    replied

6 months does seem kinda quick.....maybe not so much of a full restoration as maybe a repaint/new lines/hoses?

Still, it'll get out there and WORK.......earplugs, muffs, and an economy-size bottle of Tylenol not included.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I'm impressed it took that guy less than 6 months to restore one.

Leave a comment:

• JB666
    replied

That is awesome!! What an impressive machine!!!

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied

heh...I named my old International TD9 "Spot" because he always leaves his mark. And yeah, if any part is not leaking, it's out of oil

Leave a comment:

• oldrustycars
    replied

Imagine the oil on the ground from two slobbering 6-71's. You only worried when they stopped leaking.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied

International had some dual stack models, but the stacks were both on the same engine...straight 6 with two 3cyl heads on the same block.

That Euclid is an impressive machine! anyting with two GMC blowers gets my vote of approval

Leave a comment:

• oldrustycars
    replied

At the end of the day, operators were heard to say "WHAT? WHAT?"

Leave a comment:

• tiresmoke!
    replied

Big-ass machines they are.

I moved quite a few pieces of machinery during my lowboy/heavy haul days(I miss them...too bad it's largely seasonal)......PLENTY of bulldozers.

As a result, I've operated some of them as well....mostly Caterpillar(my preference) and Case, but there have been a few oddballs such as International-Hough, and a Terex/Euclid as well.

While the Terex was a massive bastard, and would push through most anything you put in front of it(this one had an 8V71 in it...the 8V's have a more demonic tone than the 6-71's or even the 12V71's)....no way I'd sit on that headache-inducing thing all day.

Cool feature, keep'em coming!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

Can we gat a translation on that Aussie video? The announcer was just fine but the owner was beyond me. Pretty cool. all in all.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Motorized Freak of the Week: The Euclid TC-12 Bulldozer

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Motori...Bulldozer.html
Working...
X