Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City Of Topeka To Buy Heartland Park Racing Facility Back, Seek New Operator For Sprawling Facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ksj2
    replied
    NHRA is supposed to promote the test and tunes,bracket series,dirt track etc?Never knew that.LOL.Used to have Super Chevy,Monster Mopar and Ford specific events but don't anymore.Why? Because he dicked them over.

Leave a comment:

• ls7gto
    replied
    A good promoter/track operator will keep events at the track regardless of sanctioning body . Hell , they just had a " running of the bulls " at Maple Grove .

Leave a comment:

• studemax
    replied
    Ray used it as his road course play ground.Plus he has no idea on how to promote races or pay the STAR bonds that financed the track.
    Ray doesn't have to promote races. That's for the sanctioning body to do.

Leave a comment:

• ksj2
    replied
    Ray used it as his road course play ground.Plus he has no idea on how to promote races or pay the STAR bonds that financed the track.

Leave a comment:

• studemax
    replied
    Well, Ray Irwin is getting pretty long in the tooth. Maybe he wanted to retire? He also owns another track in Iowa, I think?

Leave a comment:

• City Of Topeka To Buy Heartland Park Racing Facility Back, Seek New Operator For Sprawling Facility

I recently had the chance to work at Heartland Park Topeka for the weekend when the NHRA tour rolled through town. I was struck by several things at the track. The first was the sheer size of the place. It is in the top three of the “most expansive” and virtually requires a golf cart […]

More...
Working...
X