Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Carpenter Wrecks in Houston

Re: Charles Carpenter Wrecks in Houston

Dang, I remember watching Carpenter in his white 55 ProMod back in the Super Chevy Shows of the early 90's. Wish him the best and a safe/speedy recovery.
    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

I wonder how many of these ultra fast door cars get in the wind tunnel. Some, especially shoeboxes, seem always on the verge of something bad. Hopefully Charles gets back soon.

Comment

Not many to be honest.

These cars are on the verge of something bad while sitting still. Tons and Tons of hp with a short wheelbase = great spectator action!

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

he worked a long time building that car

Comment

He did not build the car he wrecked. It was built for him by Terry Murphy. One hell of a good guy though. Charles is one of the greats in my opinion.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

It was a scary moment watching Charles crash because the dust kicked up behind the car prevented us at the starting line from knowing whether it went over or not. Fortunately, he told me yesterday that he's feeling pretty good and it appears the car may be fixable, although he hasn't taken it apart yet to be sure.

For an even better view of the accident from the other side of the track, check it out here: http://www.adrl.us/index.php/main/agent660/

A PayPal account (NOT established by the Carpenter team!) is in place for anyone interested in helping Charles out at http://www.promodzone.com/showthread.php?t=15987.

Ian

Comment

Working...
              X