eBay Pick of the Week: 1LE Camaro Road Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: eBay Pick of the Week: 1LE Camaro Road Racer

true dat geek, 600rwhp, vs 600gross hp is biggly different.

Comment

Originally posted by greenjunk
      true dat geek, 600rwhp, vs 600gross hp is biggly different.
      I knew my dyno tuning buddies would get a chuckle out of that
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I loved dynoing the 400cuin SBC's in the trucks with "450hp" and then they put out 265. The response... "man bo, the dyno must be wrong, cause this thing pulls like feathers in a chicken wing factory"

600 to the tires is enough to go run high 9's in the 1/4, 200mph in the standing mile, and anialate tires on a road course.

Comment

You got that right.

Now if I could just get 600 to the wheels and have it live through a practice, qualifying and sprint race, I'd be thrilled.

Of course that's with 140 cubic inches.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
            You got that right.

Now if I could just get 600 to the wheels and have it live through a practice, qualifying and sprint race, I'd be thrilled.

Bob
            Huber put 770 to the tires, but that was through a C4 and a converter with a stall speed higher than most v8 guys' rev limiters... that was on a dynojet though, and with the tune that goes 9.00
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
              You got that right.

Bob
              Huber put 770 to the tires, but that was through a C4 and a converter with a stall speed higher than most v8 guys' rev limiters... that was on a dynojet though, and with the tune that goes 9.00
              I have the greatest regard for the Huber's performance.

How many 9 second runs in the 60 minutes of practice, qualifying and sprint race? Approximately 400 quarter mile passes.

We're comparing apples and oranges. Yes you can make the power, can you make it live??

Bob

Comment

I was just pointing out for reference. 770 to the tires on a dynojet will get you 9.0 in a 3500 lb combo on small tires. I'm anxious to see your combo do it's thing, no doubt it's going to be 100% billy badass!

Comment

Only if it runs!!

Jebus, he weighs 3500?? Mine weighs 2650 with a full load of fuel and fat Bob in the seat.

But, I'm not even close to being street legal. It'd be "go directly to jail, don't pass GO"

Comment

Only if it runs!!

Jebus, he weighs 3500?? Mine weighs 2650 with a full load of fuel and fat Bob in the seat.

But, I'm not even close to being street legal. It'd be "go directly to jail, don't pass GO"
                    3450 with him in the car on the scales in St. Louis.

People think that car doesn't weight anything but with a gigantic air-water cooler, huge reservoir in the trunk, a full charging system, 100% full interior, the cage, heavy rear end, it's just as heavy as any other late model car.

That's why we question the "other" fast 2.3. His car has none of this and probably weighs 800-1000 lbs less. Nevermind that there's never ever ever been a video showing his claimed times... lol

Comment

Yep.

A lot of yippin in the 2.3t world. As for verifiable results... :

Comment

Working...
                      X