Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lohnes Wreck Files: The End of Leo Santucci's 1950 Chevy

Re: The Lohnes Wreck Files: The End of Leo Santucci's 1950 Chevy

You didn't mention Leo's age at the time. I don't know the number but I know he was no spring chicken. He owes me some $$. I have sold countless copies of the book as people have asked me for inline info. The first thing I ask is "do you have the book?" Thanks for retelling the story - folks, Brian had told me this story at Maxton so I knew it, but it's good to get it out there. If nothing else, it's a good reminder to take safety equipment seriously.

Dan

Comment

I remember that car, but I had no idea it was wrecked. I remember walking around to find it in the pits and being surprised at the powerplant in it. Cool car, too bad though. At least Leo is still in the game.

Comment

bring back connecticut dragway

Comment

I had that book. Every gearhead should read it, even if you're not building a chevy 6. Helped me when chasing down a 292, which every bonehead with an old 6 in the barn was sure they had. The motor mount and distributer are reversed on the 292. I tell them over the phone about this, "Oh sure, its a 292". I'd drive there, it never was.

Comment

OUCH....hate hearing about the car, but more importantly, thankful Mr. Santucci came out alive.

Another good article, Brian.....for some reason, this guy's name rings a bell...no idea why, but it does.

Comment

Man what a bummer - I've read that book a few times in preparation for building up the 292 for our '54... I had no idea Leo had wrecked that car. What a bummer! Glad to know he made it through OK.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
              X