Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Old Press Photos: 1957 Hudson Hornet

Re: Cool Old Press Photos: 1957 Hudson Hornet

"Hollywood" was a name long used by Hudson for their hardtops. Jack Miller (Miller Motors, now the museum in Ypsilanti, MI) has a pale yellow '53ish Hudson Hollywood hardtop. I believe it wound up with the museum after Jack's death. It is a BEAUTIFUL thing and about a city block long. No doubt someone in Hollywood would have driven that one. The '57s as shown, were, of course, just rebadged Ramblers - no to be critical of Rambler, but they WERE NOT Hudson quality. Packard met a similar fate at the hands of Studebaker.

Dan

Comment

By '57 the Hollywood area of LA was not any where near the nicest area to live in. Anyone have any idea how that area of town got named Hollywood?
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I guess the guys with their '57 Hudsons have to explain how their 327 engines were indeed not made by Chevrolet. About like Studebaker guys have to constantly explain that their 289 V-8's were not made by Ford.

As overly glitzy as the '57 Hollywood Hudson is, there is something attractive about it. I wonder what transmissions were available.

Comment

Working...
        X