Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Age of the Flying Car is Now!

Re: The Age of the Flying Car is Now!

Let's hope that personal jetpacks soon follow.

Comment

You know, it has just never crossed my mind, as I'm driving down the road on a nice summer day, that really I'd rather be flying right now, this very second.

And if I did want to fly, it wouldn't be in some Rube Goldberg contraption like that. How about a Pitts Special or a micro jet or an old warbird or something else really hair raising and dangerous?
      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Finally a way to get into the venues on the power tour in under 2 hours ;)

Didn't Jesse James do the same thing in a week or two? Probably for a lot less, too!

Comment

Actually, they've been around for a while. A professor at U C Davis in NorCal built this baby near fifteen years ago. This baby flies at 375 mph and gets 20 mpg running on Ethanol. I think it's the coolest.

Moller International has developed the first and only feasible and affordable personal vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) vehicles.

Unfortunately, the FAA will not let these become common place yet. Too scary to have millions of Jetson cars flying around.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I didn't think the Moller car has actually flown without being hooked to a crane for safety.

Comment

Crazy chit indeed!

Comment

Working...
              X