X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorized Freak of the Week: The Killer Mack

Re: Motorized Freak of the Week: The Killer Mack

YEEEHAAAAAAA!

the excavator I worked for in college had all Mack trucks - several with the V8, they sound great stock.

I can only imagine what this thing could do in a drag race!

SWEEEEEEEET
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Truck pulls...sweet.

I'm headed to Louisville, KY tomorrow morning for the Mid-American Trucking show....always cool stuff down that way, Tyrone Malone's stuff has been there numerous times, along with some INSANE sled-pullers.

I'll see if I can get some pics while I'm down there, if anyone's interested in that sort of thing.

Comment

OH HELL YES!

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That's insane! Looks like he actually used his brakes to stop in the second clip.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I love truck and tractor pulls. They start the hot rod diesels by spraying an entire can of starting fluid into them. The cans are John Deere, and say 40% ether, that must be way more than regular starting fluid. I understand they need that because they lower the compression ratio so they can spray more fuel into them.
            My favorite pull takes place in Paw Paw, Il. over Labor Day. Antique gas tractors, hot rod garden tractors, and wild 4 wheel drive pickups in gas and diesel. They use rope for a guard rail.
            Also, there are farm girls there. Lots of farm girls.

Comment

Impressive ;)
              What do these guys use for a trans, is it a normal truck trans, a manual?
              He is in the one gear for the pull and gets a lot of speed out of that one gear.
              I see him building boost and then leaving, a manual would have no trans brake, is it just a case of dropping the clutch, if it's a clutch that takes that load it's doing a hell of a job :o anyone know?
              Imagine the sort of torque is that thing building at 3000Hp :P
              What % of the load is on the sled at the start, would it be like a normal trailer load with the weight on the wheels, you can see at the end 100% is on the sled as the wheels are off the ground.
              Tim
              Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

The weight is on the trailer/sled tandems at the start, it slides forward as the vehicle progresses down the track.

depends on the class as to what type of trans is being used.

Most of the dedicated pull trucks use a slushbox, the stock/street classes use a manual(as they're normally money-makers that are just having fun).

Some are using an auxillary trans behind the main transmission, commonly know as a 2-stick setup.

Comment

looks like I need to go to bloomsburg and watch him run!
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Lots of these guys, and judging by the sound of this one use a slipper clutch like you'd find in a an alky or nito dragster/funny car. The reason I am guessing this way is 1.) Because I've not talked to Dale in depth yet (the guy who built the truck) and 2.) the application of the power and the acceleration is so linear there's not other explanation. The other thing is that the motor is at a pretty constant RPM versus the speed of the truck. A normal trans would have this thing really RPMing up.

God I love this truck.

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Well, when ya do speak to him, tell him I said that old Superliner looks GOOD.

Haven't seen one of those on the road in several years.....and even in stock form those old Mack V-8s would pull like a 20-mule team.

smoke

Comment

I don't know much about this sort of thing, but watching that truck pull is quite a sight indeed. What kind of speeds are we talking about when this thing is pulling full tilt? It reminds me of the unlimited diesels at Bonneville. That black smoke was a signal all the way down to the pits of what was coming down the salt.

Comment

When that thing winds up it sounds like an A-10 that's about fill something full of holes.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

:D that sounded awsome when he was spooling up the turbos
                            for the launch!!!! thats an awsome sounding truck!!!! them oil
                            burners just keep getting more powerful!!!!!
                            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I love it when bad-ass machinery gets the applause it does like in the first video.

I also love watching trucks get all flexed and torqued up when pulling away from a stop light.

Three cheers for TORQUE!!! ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X