Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top 11 Greatest Wheelstanders

Re: The Top 11 Greatest Wheelstanders

Don't forget "Wild Bill" Shrewsberry's Knotts Berry Farm Berrywagon. Here's a pic of the spare being delivered from me to the new owner on its way to a museum in Penn. The transfer was done on the salt at Bonneville. I bought the body from Bill's brother who owned a car dealership in Ridgecrest about 20 years ago. From what I was able to find, the other body (with the alcohol burning engine) was being run by a couple guys up in the northwest somewhere.
    An interesting point about this car is it was built when Ed Roth worked at Knott's in the sign shop, and he did the paint on it. His signature is still on the car. The new owner, "Scarry" Larry has cleaned up the paint and sealed it under a clearcoat to preserve everything.

Comment

Get that fuggin school bus outta there and replace it with Shrewsberry's LA Dart.
      Do it now before anyone sees.
      Thanks.

Comment

Hovercraft....who the hell let your ass in here.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I let myself in when you guys were surfin YouTube at work.

Hey, I saw Chad struttin around Bako with that king shit video camera but I can't find any of his footage anywhere, just stills? Are those stills from vids? Help the new brutha.

Thanks,
          Mark

Comment

Chad's going all Fellini on that sheet. It's coming in a hurry and having seen the rough cuts, it's good. So good that he may be able to ditch his day job as a birthday party clown.

Brian

Comment

Dang you newcommers, you could not have forgotten Wild Bill Shrewsberry's LA Dart ??? By far, Wild Bill is one of the best dragstrip showmen of all time, schoolbus my ass!

This must get fixed, a major error has occurred.

Comment

OK, listen here. ;D

We had sympathy for the poor Big Block Chevy that lugs that bus down the track. That's the hardest working motor in freaking show business. It sounds like a whale dying by the time it makes it to the top end.

Here's Shrewsbury in action on a model box for those of you who have no idea what the LA Dart is.

Brian

Comment

OK i have seen the schoolbus act at Pomona a coupla years ago, the bus is something like 5/8 scale, it is NOT a real schoolbus!

How could you guys be so fooled?

;D

Wild Bill is the best.

Comment

The problem is that me and Chad rolled to school in a bus that was 5/8 length. It's only natural for us to be compassionate towards them.

Brian

Comment

Diggin' the Short Bus. I'd have one if the wife would let me !

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        The problem is that me and Chad rolled to school in a bus that was 5/8 length. It's only natural for us to be compassionate towards them.

Brian
                        Ok, now this explains a lot! :-[

Comment

i saw bill maverick in the little red wagon run against the tank it was
                          a cool race bill won 3 times! :D at the same race I saw what looked like
                          a corvette station wagon wheel stander, it was yellow I think?
                          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

This book is the shiznit!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

Brian
                              Change the title to "Twelve Greatest" then.

Some of the cats on your list couldn't carry Wild Bill's helmet...
                              Better change it before too many see it. I'm tryin to help you from committing drag-journo harakiri.

You mighta rolled in on a cool bus, but you'll roll outta here on that tank unless you bite the wheelie bar and change yer list.
                              ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X