Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Top 11 Greatest Wheelstanders

Originally posted by Leon
    Don't forget "Wild Bill" Shrewsberry's Knotts Berry Farm Berrywagon. Here's a pic of the spare being delivered from me to the new owner on its way to a museum in Penn. The transfer was done on the salt at Bonneville. I bought the body from Bill's brother who owned a car dealership in Ridgecrest about 20 years ago. From what I was able to find, the other body (with the alcohol burning engine) was being run by a couple guys up in the northwest somewhere.
    An interesting point about this car is it was built when Ed Roth worked at Knott's in the sign shop, and he did the paint on it. His signature is still on the car. The new owner, "Scarry" Larry has cleaned up the paint and sealed it under a clearcoat to preserve everything.

The other knotts berry farm berrywagon is owned by Rick Marcum in Spokane Wa.
    And the emergency west crew cab dually wheel stander should be on the list in my opinion.

Comment

OH! The crew cab truck!

Yep, we shoulda had that on there.

Told ya this was a tough one to cut down!

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

And the emergency west crew cab dually wheel stander should be on the list in my opinion.
        Yup, we should all be ashamed for forgetting Schrodo, although I'm sure the Head BS-er here at BS.com had it covered in his Top 30....

Comment

Hovercraft....Schroder was at ye olde NED last season with Chevy Rebellion. Unfortunately the only rebellion we experienced was that put forth by a truck that refused to run right and carry the front end more than 150 feet.

:'(

Brian

Comment

That wasn't Richard Schroeder. Emergency West was a twin-engine wheelstander, and Schrodo was a legend who passed away in '07. Yer thinking of Richard Hutchins, CHEVY REBELLION - pictured elsewhere in this thread -eh-hemmm.
            Ain't Starbuck$ open yet in Bahsten?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KX60sO-oK8 Turn your volume down!!!

Comment

Big fail on my part....DOH!

Here's the truck

Comment

With all due respect to our esteemed host, HITH did you come up with a 'Top 11' in the first place?
                As it was so appropriately pointed out, Shrewsberry and Schroeder could own half the list.

How could you not include the L.A. Dart, Chuck Poole and the Chuckwagon, Richie Travers in the Dodge Material and Dodge Fever, or John Ludwick in the Dodge Rebellion?

But the Cool Bus makes the cut? Puhhhhh-leeze.

If you need a visual of some of those you missed, check out this clip of legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0myEgVTvzMU

And another blast from the past...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHZDeBf_DV0

Comment

Hey! No ganging up with your husband! ;D

How do these lists get made? They get made with the intention of spawing pages of discussion and drawing people from far and wide to see how bad we missed it this week. The hope is that you all come back to see how bad we screw it up next week. ;D

All these editions could (should!) supplant a bunch that are on there now....but without the duds no one would be talking about these guys.

Thanks for joining the fun Dawn!

Brian

Comment

What if you don't screw up next week?

Comment

If history is any indication....that shouldn't be a concern.

Brian

Comment

Brian remember that caddy limo at NED what ever became of that? Brewsters Million I think it was called I only saw it once

Comment

How about a list of jet cars next? 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
                            How about a list of jet cars next? 8)
                            I'm sure you'll find the farting school bus jet somewhere on the list...
                            American Schoolbus with a Jet Engine fitted. This bus is located in the Netherlands. Engine is a Westinghouse with 17.000 bhp.Owned by King on Wheels: http:/...

Comment

Working...
                            X