Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Impact! Brand Driving Suits No Longer NHRA Approved

Re: Some Impact! Brand Driving Suits No Longer NHRA Approved

Wow! I better print this off and take it with me to Bradenton. The racers are gonna love you for this, Brian! ;D

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

That's very disappointing, especially considering all my safety gear except my gloves is from Impact. But I just called them about it and had missed that it only applies to SFI ratings 3.2/15 and higher. My suit is a 3.2/5 and it's from 2005 or 2006. Still, it's not confidence inspiring. I will say that I just got a new set of Impact belts for my Formula Vee and I really like them. They have the best adjusting hardware on the market IMO.

Comment

Matt, what chassis are you using for the Formula Vee? Van Diemen?

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

It's a Citation XTC. VDs are mostly newer FFords and FContinentals and the new FSCCA spec racer. Too rich for my blood.

Comment

Ah! Ok, I was thinking of the Formula Continentals. Those cars were gas to announce back when I was doing the SCCA stuff. They haul ass and if you get a couple guys who really know what they are doing, it can be very exciting racing.

How long you been doing the FV deal?

Brian

Comment

This letter is based on facts and I am writing it to hopefully save anyone from incurring great bodily harm in the event of a fire. A lot of...

here is a thread from another board.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Wow, I just read through that whole thread and it changed my opinion of Bill Simpson and Impact quite a bit.

Brian, I just got the FV in December. The first event with it is April 18. I can't wait!

Comment

Yeah this has been bad for Bill's public image for sure. Calling all the stuff back in and making it right would have cost some dough, but this is going to be worse.

I'm betting that it's a little more nimble than the Mustang... .

Brian

Comment

Working...
                  X