Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnstormin': Smog Motors in the Mist

Re: Barnstormin': Smog Motors in the Mist

That is a classic picture Brian. Nice write up too.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

As a Dad of a 18 month old he is everything,and those trips are also. The best was when he was just a couple of months old and strapping him in my 65 Dodge ,and to this day he runs to it bangs on the door just to sit in the seat and twist that big wheel, he is a real car guy.

Comment

Brian,

Great story and a great lookin' kid. I thoroughly enjoyed quality times like that with my old man. Heck, I still have all his old tools and when I am wrenchin' in the garage, I know he is looking over my shoulder as he enjoys an ice cold Coors and a Pall Mall. Savor these moments, man.

Ron
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I have posted before on my less than ideal relationship with my Dad. While I'd have to admit to being a bit jealous of Tom's relationship with HIS Dad, mostly I'm just thrilled for both of you. I think you're smart enough to know that YOU are the winner here. Tom comes out on top too, of course. A real "Win/Win".

Dan

Comment

dude just one thing to say KOOL
            father and son stuff rocks even jus lil things
            in my case father daughter / father son lol
            now the pic don't let him get to attached to that neck chain might push him to the ghetto side of things and we don't want that lol J/K nice pic too

Comment

Another great one Brian.....Logan is now a Big Block maniac....Every car we see he wants to know if they have a BB...If they don't then they are slow and dumb. ;D

I can't wait to hit the road with Logan soon....Warms the soul.

Seth
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I love hearing stories like this.
                Keep em coming!

Thanks Brian

Comment

Thanks guys.

I'll keep the sappiness down to a miniumum, but it was a fun way to spend a Sunday morning with my little buddy and I wanted to share it.

When Jack gets old enough he'll be the third member of the expeditionary force. At 15 weeks, he's still just a tad too young. ;D

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

My daughter now 13 yrs likes going to car shows and such with me. Last summer I took her and my 7 yr old. son to a cruise night. My son's first car outing. Its held on what was Main Street of a small town that has since been swallowed up by the Atlanta sprawl.

We parked the Buick and made our way down one side of the street and up the other. The whole time reminding my son(who is severely A.D.H.D) to be careful around the cars and not to touch. As we neared the end of the cars my daughter and I walked around a Nova to look inside. My son didn't follow and I called for him to "get over here". Almost immediately a man got up from his lawn chair, grabbed my son by the arm and brought him around the car. Apparently, in that short time, he had picked up a rock and bounced it off the guys wheel. I was horrified. I apologized profusely, offered to pay for any damage, scolded my son and made him apologize and sent him to the car with his sister while the guy continued to berate me, my son and my lack of parenting skills. I know my son did a bad thing but I had to walk away in the middle of his "lecture" or else I would've knocked his teeth out.

I never had these father and son experiences with my dad and I really wanted to correct that with my kids. I'll try it again this year but I really envy you guys that this just seems to come naturally to.

Good for you Brian. Great story. Hope you have many more.

Comment

Originally posted by msc66
                      My daughter now 13 yrs likes going to car shows and such with me. Last summer I took her and my 7 yr old. son to a cruise night. My son's first car outing. Its held on what was Main Street of a small town that has since been swallowed up by the Atlanta sprawl.

We parked the Buick and made our way down one side of the street and up the other. The whole time reminding my son(who is severely A.D.H.D) to be careful around the cars and not to touch. As we neared the end of the cars my daughter and I walked around a Nova to look inside. My son didn't follow and I called for him to "get over here". Almost immediately a man got up from his lawn chair, grabbed my son by the arm and brought him around the car. Apparently, in that short time, he had picked up a rock and bounced it off the guys wheel. I was horrified. I apologized profusely, offered to pay for any damage, scolded my son and made him apologize and sent him to the car with his sister while the guy continued to berate me, my son and my lack of parenting skills. I know my son did a bad thing but I had to walk away in the middle of his "lecture" or else I would've knocked his teeth out.

I never had these father and son experiences with my dad and I really wanted to correct that with my kids. I'll try it again this year but I really envy you guys that this just seems to come naturally to.

Good for you Brian. Great story. Hope you have many more.
                      don't be to hard on him after all he is just a kid and we all did / do stupid things {i took a sheet of 180 sand papper to my mom's fresh painted 71 impala when i was 5 or 6 thinking i was helping ''wax''} and as for comeing easy it doe not always but it is fun and hard all at the same time take him to a show with just you and spend some time with him might help
                      i know for me it is tough my wife works weekends so i have to take my lil girl and my son if i wanna go anywere it is a hand full but deff. worth it

Comment

oh and the guy who was yelling at you and your son the lawn chair driver nice on staying kool i hate people like thats shit happens it was a kid and it is a car cars can be fixed and i understand first hand the time and money that goes into them i would still not yell maybe tell your son not to do that if i was him but yell no
                        people are harder to fix and some people think to much of what they have{the guys car} me at shows when a person is looking at my car with there kids and the kid is trying to look and not tuch like at the inside i tell them to open it up etc... they are the future of the sport/hobby sorry back to the post lol

Comment

Originally posted by jays67
                          oh and the guy who was yelling at you and your son the lawn chair driver nice on staying kool i hate people like thats shit happens it was a kid and it is a car cars can be fixed and i understand first hand the time and money that goes into them i would still not yell maybe tell your son not to do that if i was him but yell no
                          people are harder to fix and some people think to much of what they have{the guys car} me at shows when a person is looking at my car with there kids and the kid is trying to look and not tuch like at the inside i tell them to open it up etc... they are the future of the sport/hobby sorry back to the post lol
                          I agree, I have a 4 year old and an 18 month old.
                          If your car is soo precious then dont take it to a cruise night and park it in a spot that you know people are going to be crawling all over it. Sounds like the guy needs some medication! Shit happens, go easy on the kid as long as he learns his lesson. I bet that guy scared the poo out of him as it is.

Comment

I guess it just comes from being around nice cars since birth, but I have never had ANY bad experiences with them involving other people's cars. I did, however, have one bad experience with my son, Jon at home. I came out side to find the Valiant with a fresh crack in the windshield. I looked up and noticed the boy's bedroom window was open. I then looked down on the driveway to find an array of Hot Wheels cars in the driveway. It seems Jon had decided to play Duke Boys with the little cars and one of them, in an attempt to get away from Roscoe, drove right into the windshield of the Valiant.

Those days are long gone. Jon grew out of his destructive period (he was in his terrible twos for 6 years) and has become a fantastic young man. He and his sisters are all very considerate and polite and they know how to respect other people's property. Again, I think it was from being at the race track every weekend during the summer and being around people who respect each other and their posessions that helped them learn.

Ron
                            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

You guys seem to be great people. Best of luck to all of us being Dads ,Stepdads,and even Father-in-laws.
                              Trying not to be sappy ,but we all make a difference in someones lives,and for my son I will be that influence,that guy he walks behind and acts just like. I really didnt know my Dad until about a month before he died. My stepdad I knew for most of my life, I am glad to have known my Dad for the time I did,way better than the stepdad I have.
                              Luckily I think I turned out ok, but it could have been better with a bit of support.
                              Be careful how you treat those little ones,yours ,your wives,or your neighbors. It makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X