Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lohnes Wreck Files: Attention in the Pits!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lohnes Wreck Files: Attention in the Pits!

Re: The Lohnes Wreck Files: Attention in the Pits!

Another way to screw up is to check your timing in the staging lanes, just hook up the timing light and your remote starter switch, turn on the ignition, and start the engine from in front of the car. But don't make sure it's in park first...I knew a guy who did that, he was recovering from his internal injuries for a long time before he died from another unwise stunt.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That dude sounds like a natural selection case.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Me and my buddy both had our personal vehicles hit at the same time in the pits :-[, both vehicles were parked at the time. We were both there crewing on his True Street car, his van was behind my pickup. Some guy had a seizier or something and mashed the gas pedal and turned the wheel. His S-10 grazed the side of my buddy's van and hit the back of my pick up. I heard all of this happen and looked out the side door of the trailer and this guys truck has pushed my truck forward and is still in gear and wide open with smoke rolling off the tire (think of pulling up to a tree and doing a burnout with the front bumper touching the tree) except the tree was my new pickup. I jumped out of the trailer and opened the passenger door and flipped the key off. The guy was completely rigid, every muscle was tense and was unresponsive. Weird. They ended up taking the guy to the hospital and never found out what was wrong with him. What I did found out about him was that he was uninsured. Thankfully I had uninsured motorist and the insurance company didn't hassle me because it happened at the track.

Good times. :

Tim

Comment

In Omaha, there was a guy down the street who ran an AMX drag car. I think it was in the Super Stock class. He'd back it out in the driveway and hit the line lock or trans brake and seriously heat the slicks. He'd let the button go and fly towards the garage. I never saw the reason of this since the car would be put in the trailer and not be at the track until the next day. Maybe, he just like to piss off the neighbors.

One day I was mowing my lawn and I heard him fire it up, light up the tires, then...wait for it... screeching tires and very loud crack and bang. Then a bunch of people running around screaming and swearing. He went into the garage, then into the back wall, then stopped in his living room where his wife and kids were. She was pissed and was hitting him as he tried to figure how to get his car out of the house. That was also the last time I saw the family as they packed up their rented house and bailed before morning.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            That dude sounds like a natural selection case.

Brian
            Definitely a candidate for the Darwin Award...oh wait you have to die to get that award, don't you?

Comment

This guy's son is still around, he's not so bad

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
              X