Unknown Parts Counter Guy: Shooting The Messenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Parts Counter Guy: Shooting The Messenger

I’ve covered the circle of respect in retail quite a bit here, but in the grand scheme of things, most of what has been addressed adds up to simple annoyances. Yeah, it can be a bad day when you’re arguing with a customer who is as bright as a 10-watt light bulb that’s thirty years […]

More...

At one point in my life I was service manager and ran the parts counter with another guy. Everyone should have to work with the public at least once in there life, it ( for some ) would give them a whole new perspective on life.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Mom taught me early on that use of profanity in an argument is a loss. Everywhere I've worked we were allowed to hang up on abusive customers. As a customer, I've been known to ask for a different person if there's a communication road block. I've had people ask me for the same thing, and sometimes it's the right thing to do. I've handed off calls and had handed off calls land in my lap. It's not personal, but every great once in a while the employee and the customer just don't click.
      Last edited by Beagle; November 23, 2014, 07:12 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
      X