Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milan Dragway Dropped by IHRA, Now Sanctioned by NHRA

Re: Milan Dragway Dropped by IHRA, Now Sanctioned by NHRA

that was fast. i bet they get a Divisional race next year too.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

With the NHRA series of races the track will have a steady income again too.

Comment

Think they'll still have the wheelstand contest?
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

You're thinking of Byron,
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

10-4
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Andy - Assuming this deal is still going, Milan (for those not from MI, it's pronounced "MY lun") has no issue with steady income. When I left Michigan, AVL was renting the track during the week and us racers got it on the weekend. AVL had it set up so that their test cars could run the track and loop back at a fair speed on the return road, making a loop of about a mile. The income from this made it possible for Milan to add the improvements that happened about 2005, IIRC.

Since the economy tanked I don't know if this is still in place.

Still cool that they have NHRA sanctioning. From a racer's point of view, it seemed like it ran better under NHRA, at least to me.

Dan

Originally posted by vt junk
              With the NHRA series of races the track will have a steady income again too.

Comment

75-80 Dragway, at the intersection of Routes 75 and 80 in Monrovia, Maryland, will have an IHTA sanction for the 2009 season.

?We are very happy to be joining the IHRA family of tracks,? said track operator Lisa Stanley-Willis. ?Everyone at IHRA has been very welcoming and informative. We look forward to an incredible year of racing.?

While still owned by 75-80 Dragway Inc., the property is now managed by Heads Up Racing Inc. and competes by heads up racing rules only. The track features eighth-mile racing on Fridays and Saturdays and quarter-mile racing on Sundays. The track will also showcase the Teen Championship Racing Program to help provide a safe forum for drag racers across the area

Comment

Working...
                X