• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Re: Cool Old Press Photo: The First Edsel Teaser Press Release

Originally posted by Loren
    "The new Edsel line of cars will embody bold, new styling themes never before seen..."

An interesting thing to say, I thought the grille shape was supposed to be a return to the glorious days of yesteryear, etc. Edsels are one of those cars I like for other people to have, for me to look at ;)
    Unfortunately they couldn't pick any one bold styling. They all of the different bold stylings on one car.

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied

"The new Edsel line of cars will embody bold, new styling themes never before seen..."

An interesting thing to say, I thought the grille shape was supposed to be a return to the glorious days of yesteryear, etc. Edsels are one of those cars I like for other people to have, for me to look at ;)

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied

When I was a kid my dad had a friend who bought a '60 Edsel. He got a check for a few hundred bucks when Edsel folded. I thought the car was beautiful. Of course I never really minded the first generation Edsel either.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

Having been old enough when these came out to remember what the adults were saying (I was 11), this quote sticks in my mind. "It looks like an Oldsmobile wearing a horse collar". Alternately, "It looks like an Oldsmobile sucking a lemon". I think that was about right. I guess they chose to compare to Olds because Olds buyers were the target demographic.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Cool Old Press Photo: The First Edsel Teaser Press Release

Working...
X