• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Art of the Con: Tesla Unveils Sedan to Know-Nothing Media Outlets

Re: The Art of the Con: Tesla Unveils Sedan to Know-Nothing Media Outlets

isn't tesla bankrupt ?

Comment

They've been "saved" by a couple infusions of cash but they are banking on 350 million of yours and my money to fund this venture now.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

The last sentence in the CNN report shows their cynicism. That first line "the plan to build in California" when everyone knows that nothing is built in California is proof that this entire Tesla scam is nothing more then a ploy to take money from neuveux rich.... how much do you want to bet that the reason behind the announcement was that somewhere buried in the automaker bailout is a clause which says "must produce a sedan"?

Wonder if Tesla's lawyers have informed the owners that they've gone from - "you'll be sued by every investor for the next 20 years because of your failures" to "the Feds will put you in prison for the next 20 years"?
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Their dealership is still open on Santa Monica Bl in West LA. One of my clients has one.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

For a $100 grand I'll be building my own car, but it'll have an LS7 in it and there will be plenty of money leftover to buy gas.

With the Tesla sportster you couldn't even make it to Vegas without an overnight to recharge batteries in beautiful downtown Baker, former home of the Bun Boy and the worlds largest thermometer. Anything with this much re-hype must be struggling.

Comment

I probably shouldn't be saying this but.... the owner Elon Musk flies out of our facility in Van Nuys, we raced his Tesla Roadster against one our guys 2006 Vette, his Tesla KILLED it.... I think it's been worked up somehow.. thing feels like it runs 10's, fast car. Elon's also one our best customers . I dig the Tesla's.... that new sedan is beautiful.... anyway back to your guys rants....

Comment

Sounds like a stunt a guy named Tucker pulled once. TopGear did a nice spot on their stuff on a recent show, thing was fast around their track but, ran out of juice and had to spend 16 hours on charge. It sounds like to days when we all had our first R/C cars, their fun till the battery dies!
                Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by RyanWalker
                  thing feels like it runs 10's, fast car.
                  I'm going to speculate you've never been in a ten second ride then.

The one I saw, was a rickety rattle trap. Seemed like a pile of crap to me. I read another article where the people who have already plunked down deposits for the FIRST version of this car, are being notified that they'll instead be receiving the "Sedan" version as opposed to what they thought they were buying.

This guy seems like a great scam artist to me. Those cars *never* met their advertised specs. Sorry if there are Tesla fans here, but even though I dig alternative powertrains - to me this is nothing more than a scam.
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
                    It sounds like to days when we all had our first R/C cars, their fun till the battery dies!
                    difference being that with your rc car you can buy some extra batteries, and have them charged up and ready to swap in.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                    X