Just another Chevette...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another Chevette...

I figured I'd toss up a build page to help stay motivated and keep track of work as it goes along. I'll post pics as I go along.

I just bought a "Starter Kit" Pro-Street style 1978 Chevette. Tubbed rear, 3/4 tube frame, full cage, narrow 9" with Strange center, etc. etc. etc.
    Last edited by Tubbed Chevette; August 25, 2015, 04:04 PM.

Cool project !
    You could start with what your purpose and vision is, for the car.
    Last edited by Monster; August 26, 2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks,
      The plans for the car is for it to be a street / strip car. I plan to take it to local car cruises (maybe Super Chevy Sunday) and occasionally do a run at Gateway International Raceway.

First and foremost I need to do final mock up for the motor, transmission and radiator.

I want to start with a fairly basic small block chevy and a 400 transmission, just to get it running. It's always hard to stay motivated on a project that takes years to get running, so the initial engine will probably be a good used motor, just to get it running.

Then later on as money allows it, I plan to build a stroked small block, Brodix Heads, Weind 6-71 Supercharger and dual carbs. I'd like it to be "fairly" streetable and still run 8-9 sec. in the quarter mile on occasion. I also know I'LL NEED WHEELIE BARS! I've seen way to many of the cars end up on their lid after a wheelie.

Comment

I just picked up a 1992 Chevy small block and a 400 trans for $150. Gotta break em both down and rebuild em. Planning to leave this one stock stroke and bore it 30 over. Hyper pistons, Howard's roller cam and probably AFR heads, haven't decided on intake yet, but probably a 650 double Pump Holley with Jesel shaft mount Rockers.

I'm shooting for 450 horsepower, I think that's reasonable for that set up.
        Last edited by Tubbed Chevette; September 2, 2015, 12:11 PM.

Comment

That's a cool build. How are things moving on?

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip123 View Post
            That's a cool build. How are things moving on?

how was your summer on this project
            R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
            Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
            Real SH 2019

Comment

Working...
            X