1951 Chevy Styleline Vintage Gasser restore by American Gasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 Chevy Styleline Vintage Gasser restore by American Gasser

I found my gasser in 2014 in Kenosha, WI. One owner car built as a gasser in 1968/69 time frame. Owner blocked up the front crossmember and connected it with huge U-bolts. Purchased new 327 replacement motor from dealer, installed new cam, edlebrock C-8 two 4 manifold w/holley carbs. Electric fuel pump mounted on firewall. 1962 Corvette rearend and T-10 4spd installed. Aftermarket gauges installed in center of dash and tach mounted on column. Single seat with all flooring removed. New Ansen mags mounted front and back with big 78 series tires on front and big 60's on rear. Front bumper, grille shell and core support removed. 12v conversion done for engine compartment.

Attached Files

We started by installing some patch panels, both rockers, area behind the gravel shields on each side. We also slightly radiused the wheel well openings. Removed the fuel pump on firewall and installed a new pump in the rear to push from the tank area. Reworked the Battery box in the trunk to allow room for larger battery, shut off switch will be in the trunk.
    Removed intake and carbs, valve covers and inspected the heads. Motor was new when installed and car was run very little. It was stored in 69 after the driveshaft blew out at the strip. Motor oil was like new so carbs were both rebuilt and intake reinstalled. Needed a new distributor and added electronic points to get the motor running. Little fine tuning and it runs great. We installed pipes from the fenderwell headers along the inside of the rockers and flared them out in front of the rear wheel wells.

Comment

Fitted the vintage fuel tank (elco) 2 1/2 gal. to the front and fabbed a little roll bar to protect it from impact with something. Received a grille shell from French Lake Auto Parts and installed it prior to the fuel tank. Removed the front clip and prepped the frame rails for new straight axle. Axle, springs and shocks have been added and we went with disc brakes for safety. Found a great black vinyl bucket seat online from a 65 T-Bird and it matches the back seat and door panels. Good bye grand am seat or what ever that piece of trash was. I have a complete verigate shifter to install but I want to try it with the original 4 spd shifter first. Electrical is pretty much all ready with the push button starter activated and electric fuel pump activated with the key. All glass is good to go. Hopefully the vega steering box will be installed this week.

Comment

Sounds like a fun project......hope the garage is heated lol
        R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
        Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
        Real SH 2019

Comment

Originally posted by forespeed View Post
          I found my gasser in 2014 in Kenosha, WI. One owner car built as a gasser in 1968/69 time frame. Owner blocked up the front crossmember and connected it with huge U-bolts. Purchased new 327 replacement motor from dealer, installed new cam, edlebrock C-8 two 4 manifold w/holley carbs. Electric fuel pump mounted on firewall. 1962 Corvette rearend and T-10 4spd installed. Aftermarket gauges installed in center of dash and tach mounted on column. Single seat with all flooring removed. New Ansen mags mounted front and back with big 78 series tires on front and big 60's on rear. Front bumper, grille shell and core support removed. 12v conversion done for engine compartment.

You hitting the road with HRPT this year
          Saturday, June 10 - Arrowhead Stadium; Kansas City, Missouri
          Real SH 2019

Comment

Originally posted by forespeed View Post
            Fitted the vintage fuel tank (elco) 2 1/2 gal. to the front and fabbed a little roll bar to protect it from impact with something. Received a grille shell from French Lake Auto Parts and installed it prior to the fuel tank. Removed the front clip and prepped the frame rails for new straight axle. Axle, springs and shocks have been added and we went with disc brakes for safety. Found a great black vinyl bucket seat online from a 65 T-Bird and it matches the back seat and door panels. Good bye grand am seat or what ever that piece of trash was. I have a complete verigate shifter to install but I want to try it with the original 4 spd shifter first. Electrical is pretty much all ready with the push button starter activated and electric fuel pump activated with the key. All glass is good to go. Hopefully the vega steering box will be installed this week.

Havent heard how this project turned out. How's that 51' coming along.
            We'd like to see updated pics this year
            Real SH 2019

Comment

I would very much like to see the final result. This one could be upgraded in a very cool way, if you ask me

Comment

Working...
              X