Ron Sutton Workshop & Book Tourg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Sutton Workshop & Book Tourg

For anyone looking to expand their knowledge on suspension tuning this is the workshop to go to. I have personally attended one of Ron's workshops and can honestly say that I have never learned more about one thing at one time than I did listening to him. Ron is a great instructor with 35+ years of first hand experience through 80+ different classes of racing. He has raced cars, built cars, and help design and tune different set ups. If your in the area or looking for a class to expand your knowledge this is the one I would recommend to anyone.

The 7 Secrets of Suspension Set-up & Tuning
    Ron Sutton Workshop & Book Tour 2015
    (For Autocross, Track Day & Pro-Touring Cars)

What is this?
    • Ron Sutton Suspension, Brake & Aero Workshops
    • Ron Sutton’s First Book in a Series: The 7 Secrets of Suspension Set-up & Tuning
    • The Book is Provided at No Charge to Each Attendee – Compliments of a Partner
    • Q&A with Ron Sutton During Workshop
    • Q&A with Key Manufacturer Reps During Workshop Round Table - Including: Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, Data Acquisition & Coatings
    • Track Tuning Support from Ron Sutton During Autocross/Track Events that Weekend

The 7 Secrets of Suspension Set-up & Tuning Workshop:
    Is an easy to understand layer-by-layer education of what affects a car’s handling in plain English. Using visual aids & real life examples throughout the workshop, I teach:
    1. Proven Methods to Set Up Any Car for Balanced, Neutral Handling
    2. Learn the Keys to Amazing Cornering GRIP!
    3. Simple Ways to Understand Suspension & Steering Geometry
    4. Secret Sauce Shock Valving – Why, How & What it Does!
    5. Evaluating the Suspension Strategies for YOUR Goals & Use
    6. Learn the Secrets to Awesome Brakes on Track … That Work Well on Street Too
    7. Aerodynamics Made Easy – Learn What Works for Your Car

Why Attend:
    • 8 Out of 10 Autocross & Track Day Cars Struggle Due to Lack of Proper Set-up
    • Make Your Car a Mean Handling, Stopping, “Fun-to-Drive” Machine
    • Quit “Trial & Error Tuning” - Learn Exactly How to Make Your Car Handle Better
    • Cure Frustrating Handling & Braking to Have More Fun Driving Experiences
    • Stop “Just Doing OK” & Become Quicker, More Competitive at Track Events
    • Learn How to Outsmart the Competition … Not Outspend Them!
    • Get the Most Performance Out of Your Car & the Most Fun Out of Your Track Days

Each Workshop Participant receives:
    • 3-Ring Binder with Workbook for Notes
    • Suspension Set-up Sheets & Track Run Sheets
    • Black T-shirt with Full Color Graphics in Your Size
    • Bag of Goodies Provided by Workshop Partners
    • First Run Copy of Ron Sutton’s 7 Secrets of Suspension Set-up & Tuning Book

Who is Workshop For:
    • Guys & Gals with G-Machines & Pro-Touring Cars & Trucks
    • Autocross Participants - from Amateur to Hard Core
    • Track Day Participants - from HPDE to Optima/USCA Competitors
    • Guys & Gals with Road Course Track Cars for Fun or Competition
    • DIY Car Builders
    • Driver/Owners/Tuners
    • Professional Car Builders
    • Professional Racers – Not!
    • Race Engineers – Just Kidding!

Speaker:
    Skip this if you know my background. I’ve been racing for 35 years in 80+ classes of racing, most professionally, including drag, road course, karts & oval track. From low powered Formula Fords & F2000 cars to Mountain Motor drag racing … Midgets, Sprint Cars, Super Modifieds … to Trans Am/GT road race cars, Modifieds, Late Models & NASCAR Stock Cars. I’ve had the good fortune to work with & learn from winning pro teams & smart people in SCCA, USAC, SRL, NHRA, IHRA, IMSA, Camel GT, Indycar, Grand Am & NASCAR. Most of my modern experience is designing winning cars for road racing & oval track.

I’ve built 205 cars for clients “hands on” as they say. Specifically, 64 tube chassis cars & 140+ sportsman race cars. I’ve had a chassis shop, parts store, track stores & engine R&D over the years. I’ve owned 79 race cars myself, including 9 full time race teams up until 2012. Most years I was at the track 3-4 days a week, 40+ weeks out of the year. As a driver, team owner, crew chief or driver coach I have 498 wins & 22 championships. I live & breathe competition, and I believe winning comes from doing your homework, testing, working hard, testing more, learning from books, classes & mentors … and testing more. I’m not the smartest guy at the track, but when he goes home I’m still there testing & learning. I figure I have 2500+ days of track testing under my belt.

I’m not an engineer. I’ve worked for them, with them & had several work for me … but we’re from different planets. One of my friends said, “Ron is a race car designer that did not go to engineering school, so he speaks car guy.” I’m a veteran car guy committed to staying on the leading edge of performance & racing technology. I like to think I’m pretty knowledgeable in my areas of expertise … but I learn every week, if not every day.

Speaking Style:
    You may be surprised to know I’ve done hundreds of racing workshops in different genres. While I don’t claim to be a rock star, many people have said I’m pretty good at making technical learning engaging, fun & very interesting. I keep the workshop on track, but I’m not giving some rehearsed speech standing behind a podium. I’m moving around, talking with my participants, sharing stories, the occasional bad joke, discussing real world examples & answering questions right then, not later at the end.

Key Point:
    I never sell in a workshop. Never. I educate. Even if I love a product, I don’t sell anyone. That’s just not my style. No one sells or “pitches” any products in my workshops. If you attend my workshop, you will walk away with valuable, powerful information you understand to help make your car handle better & more fun to drive. I guarantee it.

Workshops Near 4 Big Events:
    1. Thursday, July 9 – Near the Goodguys PPG Nationals – Columbus, Ohio
    2. Thursday, Sept 10 – Near Holley LS Fest – Bowling Green, Kentucky
    3. Thursday, Oct 1 – Near the Goodguys Lone Star Nationals – Fort Worth, Texas
    4. Thursday, Nov 5 – Near SEMA & the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational, Las Vegas, NV

Where & When:
    Locations will be at a nice, nearby hotel conference room on the Thursday before each event. Hours are 8 am – 5 pm with two breaks, a lunch break & mixer afterwards. We’ll serve coffee & drinks throughout the day. A nice catered lunch will be served to all workshop participants, so you don’t need to leave. Hotel information will be provided with your workshop ticket.

The Book: The 7 Secrets of Suspension Set-up & Tuning
    Throughout my 35 years as a winning race car designer, builder, crew chief & consultant, many folks in my racing workshops have asked me to write some books. I finally carved out the time to complete the first of five books in a series I plan to release over the next several years. Those that know me, or have seen my writing style, know it is chocked full of real world, usable knowledge … written in plain English so “Car Guys” easily understand. It covers all the basics of suspension, brakes, aero & safety ... a layer at a time. It features very modern suspension strategies that are not in any published books to date. But as usual, I’ve outlined in them in ways that are easy to comprehend.

What is Different between the Book & Workshop?
    The topics are the same! The book has more detail. Plus, I find books are great to refer back to many times over the years when you're working on a project. But you can't ask a book questions. The workshop is personal, interactive & a fun way to learn this powerful stuff.

Book Details:
    The book is over 200 pages, full color throughout & priced at $49.95. The original book press run is only 1000. I am not going to offer the book for sale individually … until the 2015 Workshop & Book Tour is over after SEMA. We are giving one book to every 2015 Workshop Participant. We will allow Workshop Participants to purchase one extra copy at the workshop “for a friend” at the first three events. At the SEMA Workshop, they can purchase any quantity, as we’ll make the book available for sale to the general public for $49.95 right after SEMA. All book pre-orders have to wait until after the Workshop series is completed.

Workshop Ticket Sales:
    Seminars at this high level typically cost $1000-$1500. Due to the MANY Workshop Partners like Ridetech helping put on the Ron Sutton Workshop & Book Tour 2015 … the ticket prices have been dramatically reduced to only $299 each, sold in advance only. Tickets go on sale May 6th at my website HERE.

My Goals for You:
    If you come spend a day with me & my workshop partners, I am committed to making it fun … highly educational … more than worth your money … and worth every minute of your time. I don’t hold any secrets back. You will learn how to make your car handle & stop better … be quicker … and have a more fun car to drive … guaranteed.

It’s OK to be Skeptical:
    I offer a 100% No-Nonsense Guarantee. If you are not happy with the knowledge you gain, your experience or your results, I will refund your money ... 100% ... on the spot. And ... up to a year! Yes, you have a year to use the knowledge you gain. If you are not happy and satisfied, I will refund your money.
    CHECK US OUT AT:
    www.ridetech.com

I’m OLD … Don’t Miss This Opportunity:
    I have a five year plan that includes conducting this powerful workshop topic ONE YEAR … THIS YEAR.
    I’m doing the same topic in four cities this year … the Fall of 2015. That’s it.
    I won’t be offering this topic again … for the next five years … maybe ever.

I am introducing a different book & workshop topic every year over five years.
    Each year, I’ll introduce the next installment in my five book series … and of course … have a different workshop that matches the book topics.
    The five book series & five workshop topics are already mapped out through 2019.

2015: The 7 Secrets of Suspension Set-up & Tuning
    2016: The 7 Secrets for Mapping Suspensions & Quick Tuning Basics
    2017: The 7 Secrets of Advanced Chassis Design & Car Performance
    2018: The 7 Secrets of Developing Winning Drivers
    2019: The 7 Secrets of Total Winning Performance

I hope you’ll join me for all of them. But if you miss one any year … there are no “do overs” or “come back tour” planned.
    Questions: Email me at [email protected]
    Tickets: Go HERE.

For more information on Ridetech Products:
    Phone: (812) 481-4787
    Shop: 350 S. St. Charles Street, Jasper, Indiana, 47546
    Email: [email protected]

For more information on Ron Sutton Race Technology:
    Phone: (916) 834-8051
    Email: [email protected]
    CHECK US OUT AT:
    www.ridetech.com

Comment