What events do you want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What events do you want?

After yesterday. autocross or road race fun.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AFFORDILLAC
      Hawaii???............
      i don't think my car can drive across the water
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
        Originally posted by PYSCHOWard
        How about 1 Event in each state till each state covererd, however long it takes.
        Now THAT is a cool idea!
        Why stop in the USA, you have an open invitation to the Great White North too. I have friends in Calgary, Alberta; three tracks in Ontario; and our race in New Brunswick, if you ever want to head this way. If you want something besides cars, how about snowmobiles doing 60+mph over ice and open water.

Comment

Originally posted by MnHotRods
          How about Roadtrip with stops along the way for drag and track racing. This event would be a combination of the gas drags, Year One and the PT all rolled into one. Real world cars that can compete in straight line and road course. Many of us would come along just for the road trip with the added bonus of watching cars perform on the track.

Would be nice to have some good cruise stops along the way, maybe a Drive-In theater reserved just for us with a movie we pick ourselves and maybe a county fair style venue with demo derby to end the tour?
          in kansas city we have the greaserroma held at a drive in that is good fun
          check it out at http://greaserama.com/
          it would be fun to race in the day and drive in movies at night

Comment

Okay ...

Nobody yet has done the appropriate job of capturing, for any medium, the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise.
            Why not do that?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlungs
              Okay ...

Nobody yet has done the appropriate job of capturing, for any medium, the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise.
              Why not do that?
              Very true... Come to Michigan!

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
                Okay ...

Why not do that?
                Very true... Come to Michigan!
                I'm doing the Power Tour this year, and, work schedule permitting, coming up (from the Chicago area) to do the Woodward Cruise (have never done it, always wanted to). I have hotel reservations for the end of that week (including the day of the cruise), am interested in any ideas, suggestions, opinions, etc., as to where to go, what to do, internet blogs where folks discuss the cruise, etc......

save a horse, ride a cowboy!

Comment

if you are coming to woodward, plan on getting there by wen night. Lots of cruising leading up to the big Saturday final. Problem with Saturday is it turns into a parking lot with the number of people. Easier to get around earlier, don't forget to go to Pontiac on Friday night (north end of the 23 mile cruise) it is a blast. Lots of cars, lots of people, lots of food, and the cops look the other way when burnouts occur! :o
                  DocFox

Comment

Okay ...

Why not do that?
                    What HE Said X 10!!!!!!

Comment

I'm on Woodward almost every weekend. Any coverage of the cruise almost always features someone that only comes out for the Cruise. It's pretty rare to see someone you know.

If you come, come early and we can show you around.
                      Cognizant Dissident

Comment

How about a 4 day event in 4 state. have a Hill Climb at Snow Shoe MTN in WV (which has taken place in the past and they're cool with it, a Road Race Time Trial at VIR Danville, Va (the only true road course in the country). LSR event in Maxton, NC. Drag racing event, Darlington, SC. Or the new NHRA facility in Charlotte, NC

If you want to keep it in one state, there are also hill climbs in the blue ridge mtns of NC, and VIR is basically in NC anyway

Comment

I would like to see an endurance type of race like Cannonball Run.
                          Maybe an all at once 12 hour "race" across an area/ states
                          Or something like that Goldburg show that was on Spike last year.
                          A race where we don't wreck our cars, but "prove" they can go a long way
                          without dying, etc

Comment

Working...
                          X