SFVISBF Mini Moto 2008 Season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFVISBF Mini Moto 2008 Season!

Well the first race was a kick for sure. 21 guys, 21 mini bikes, lots of rain, 1 parking structure, and a couple confused security guards.

Below are the reast of the deatils for the remainder of the season. Feel free to ask questions, post pics etc.

SFVISBF Mini Moto Challenge

Warning: These events are dangerous, you may get injured or even killed!!! In addition, running of mini bikes on the street can result in confiscation or fines from the LAPD, it's not legal. Don't fool yourself. This is risk, what's it all about. Chicken-hearts and sue-happy assholes stay home. The Mini Moto is ran under the SFVISBF umbrella, the SFVISBF is a LLC, and a registered trademark. Come to have fun and assume the risks involved or don't show up at all.

In 2008 we will be doing a series of Mini bike events much like our soapbox races. Sign ups can start at any time and will continue throughout the season. We will be doing 6 main events with a couple special events during the race season. The main events will be taking place every other month on the First Sunday of each month.

These rules are subject to change.

Next Race: April 6th

The Dirt Oval

Want to join? Kragen has a starter mini bike for 249.00

Race dates:

Feb 3rd

April 6th

June 1st

August 3rd

October 5th

December 7th

Types of races: (we will give you more info i.e. times, location, course as we set up courses etc.)

Drag Race

Dirt Oval

Poker Run

Parking Structure Completed!

Dirt Moto

River Run

Bonus races will include the following:

Figure 8

Hill Climb

Entry Fee:

There is a $24.00 entry fee to join these events, this fee covers all mini moto events for the season and is a one-time fee. You must register at Atomic Cycles 17322 Saticoy Van Nuys, Ca 91406 (818) 609-0113 We will take your picture and personal info (name, phone, e-mail) to add to our data base. You can pick your race number as long as it has not been claimed by another racer.

What you get:

A number plate

Mini Moto t-shirt

Sticker

Patch

Ranking in the Mini Moto:

The ranking system will be done on a point basis. You get points for participating in each event, more if you place. You can pick up more points throughout the season by participating in the special bonus races.

1 point will be awarded for participating in a given event

1 point will be awarded for placing third in a given event

2 points will be awarded for placing second in a given event

3 points will be awarded if one places 1st in a given event

Throughout the race season, races can look up their standing on the SFVISBF website.

The racer with the highest point total at the end of the season wins the Mini Moto Challenge.

Rules for bikes:

You must have a factory or home built mini bike that has these features:

Single speed gearing

Pull start motor

4 stroke Gas/altered fuel motor (no electrics, 2 strokes etc.)

Braking system (disc, drum, or scrub)

No:

Pit/ pocket bikes

Go Peds

Mopeds

Trail 50’s, 70’s or the like

Motorcycles

Wizzers or modified bicycles of any kind.

Your bike must pass a basic inspection to be entered.

We leave engine size and overall construction to each racer.

Racers: Current Roster.

To Join:

Go to Atomic Cycles 17322 Saticoy Van Nuys CA 91406 (818) 609-0113 Tues-Sat 11-6 Sun 12-5

Pay your fee, get your plate and get ready to have a blast!

Name Number Points

Dino #00

Tick-One #1

PJ #5 1

Shane #6

Mo #07 2

Kevin #9 1

Charles #11

Mike 13 #13 1

Juan #15

Travis #17

Bo #21 1

Ty #22 1

Tom #23 1

Howard #39

Robert #57 1

Car Junkie Dave #67 1

Jonnie Only #69 1

Chris #76 1

Steve #86 1

Emil #88 3

Ronald #92 1

Dilly #98 1

Paul "the carcass" #106 4

Car Junkie Chad #406 1

Gunther #444 1

Ken #517K

Evil Ed #666 1

Matt #818 1

Chris Coroner #5150 1

Cars * Photos * Message Board * Videos * Winners Circle * News * Courses * Questions * Links * Media

Re: SFVISBF Mini Moto 2008 Season!

Also, the web page is www.sfvisbf.com. We'll supply them videos there, plus you'll see them here on CarJunkieTV.com.

Comment

Man I want to see some pics/vids from this thing!

Comment

Looks like we have on-bike footage of my crash, but almost nothing on Chad's. Too bad, cuz his was way gnarlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
          Looks like we have on-bike footage of my crash, but almost nothing on Chad's. Too bad, cuz his was way gnarlier.
          Um, have you ridden without crashing yet?
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Oh wait til you guys see some of this stuff. I have seen DF crash big at the shop, but nothing compares to my crash at the first Mini Moto. It was HUGE. Sparks and all. But, I did get back up and actually catch DF. More details will be following. You guys gotta do this. I would line up for another race tomorrow morning.
            "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

yea there ya go, just keep teasing us with all that.. gotta see it crap...post some pictures
              Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

I did not take any pics because I was too busy racing!
                Here's a taste from the past:

Comment

I can't stress enough how cool this is and how much we appreciate the sfvisbf for putting on events like this. It rules. Everyone should try it, and CarJunkieTV is looking forward to bringing you video of all the events in 2008. We are also planning on putting together a soap box car for some of those events as well. DF and I are already looking at different ways to build some wicked downhill racers. Suggestions?
                  "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Chad,

The soap box racer thing may be a good idea for another thread altogether. My thoughts are to make it as heavy as you can possibly lift up into the back of a pickup truck without a rupturing something and make it as aerodynamic as possible. Does SoCal Speed Shop have any belly tanks laying around??? That would look killer, too!

Ron
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Here's some video of DF at the start of the race. I think he used to much nitro.

Drag bike blows a piston through the engine and breaks the driver's arm.
                      Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Some more:

SFVISBF Parking Lot Structure Race 2/3/08 Helmet cam mounted on the frame of my mini bike during the race in the rain.

Comment

Working...
                        X