Sacramento Autorama - Feb 8, 9 & 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacramento Autorama - Feb 8, 9 & 10

Ok, for anyone that cares, I'm setup on the bottom floor of Bldg A, at Cal-Expo (right next to the beer stand - too bad I gave up drinking)

Re: Sacramento Autorama - Feb 8, 9 & 10

That is the best car show I have ever attended. Since moving to Warner Robins, GA, I haven't seening anything comparable. Even the hot rod tour. lol.
    2006 HRPT LH
    2007 HRPT LH
    2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

I used to go every year before moving to LA. Always a great show.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Ok, so here's a batch of pix from the show. Of course, most of them include the Camaro. You would'nt want me to go to the car show and take pictures of *other* peoples cars would ya ?

Why you should fear mirrors...

Ok, so here's some token Mopar shots...

Comment

Hey wikd69 great to meet you and say hi. Really appreciate you letting my boy sit the car he really enjoyed that and even told me about it on the way home. The car looks great can't wait to see what it does on the track for ya

Comment

Originally posted by cuda68-67
            Hey wikd69 great to meet you and say hi. Really appreciate you letting my boy sit the car he really enjoyed that and even told me about it on the way home. The car looks great can't wait to see what it does on the track for ya
            Great to meet you and the little guy

We'll hopefully get some track time in the next few weeks.

Comment

Keith, check your Yahoo mail...

Comment

Here's the poster board I made up - not too artistic, more Joe Friday'ish. "Just the facts, Ma'am'...

Comment

For those with an interest, here are a few shots from today (Saturday) at Sac AutoRama.

Something for the Ford crowd. This little Falcon was sweet. My buddy in high school had an original Falcon Sprint that looked like this. It had a really radical little 260 with a four speed.

As you can see, it looks pristine on the interior too.

Ok, one more for Frieberger. This Road Runner looked like it just rolled out of the dealer showroom. MEEP MEEP...

A super clean machine, literally looked brand new. This car was brand new my freshman year of highschool. I wish I still felt like this looks <creak>

Fresh from the factory ?

The interior - pistol grip shifter and in-dash AM / 8-Track. Classic.

Just in case you were wondering (I was) its the Greatest Hits of Tony Orlando and Dawn. Go figger.

The underside of the car was fantastic as well. I wonder what this ride is worth today ?

Just to show what company I'm keeping at Sac Autorama, here is a recent Riddler Award winner. Beautiful machine. Note in the background my non-Riddler Award Camaro. I'm actually expecting to get the Award for 'Most Hopeful'.

And lastly a bum in a blue shirt (guess who that might be?) and an out of town TV Celebrity, posing in front of my Camaro. I normally don't pay attention to celebs, but this guy weilds a plasma cutter on TV and builds hotrods. Who could resist?

Comment

Re: Sacramento Autorama - Feb 8, 9 &amp; 10

Hey Harry, The car looks great in the display and it looks like you are having a blast. I'm really happy for you that it came together in time for this show and that it is all that you expected it to be.

We got the 4.56s in my heap today so I'm ready for TNT on Saturday and points race on Sunday. You should plan on Saturday to get that thing on the track.

Comment

And I was wrong - that object d'art mentioned earlier did not win the Riddler Award as I was told. It was the 'Americas Most Beautiful Roadster' award.

I double checked the monster trophy. d-uh.....

Comment

Originally posted by wikd69
                        And I was wrong - that object d'art mentioned earlier did not win the Riddler Award as I was told. It was the 'Americas Most Beautiful Roadster' award.

That would be tough to win an award for a show that is a month away in Detroit. ;)

Look for Trepanier's new ride call "First Love", 36 Ford Coupe, to be going for the Ridler.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver

That would be tough to win an award for a show that is a month away in Detroit. ;)

Look for Trepanier's new ride call "First Love", 36 Ford Coupe, to be going for the Ridler.
                          I'm about as clueless as you can get on stuff at this level. The only reason I'm even aware of the Riddler Award is because I follow Foose on and off.

Comment

I'm about as clueless as you can get on stuff at this level. The only reason I'm even aware of the Riddler Award is because I follow Foose on and off.

I'm with you on this styff. The only reason I know there is a Riddler Award is because a friend of a friend built a Willys for it last year and they finished a few things at our shop before going to Cobo.
                            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by std

I'm with you on this styff. The only reason I know there is a Riddler Award is because a friend of a friend built a Willys for it last year and they finished a few things at our shop before going to Cobo.
                              These machines are really way beyond anything automotive, more on the level of modern art, sculpture or oil painting, produced by hand and showcasing raw talent and creativity. As I mentioned, I don't follow the awards or the competition but I do appreciate the effort and result.

I have an old friend I've known for the biggest part of my life who started out hotrodding in SoCal in the mid 60's, held track records at Lions running an altered with a radical flathead. He moved up to my hometown when I was about 10 and pretty much became a fixture in the area for the work he did with almost anything mechanical; automotive, machine work, welding, you name it, he did it, exceptionally well. I worked for him after I got out of the service and he taught me a lot about welding, automotive and general machine work and imparted some of his approach to things. For welding it's heat and puddle management, for general machine work, it's surface speed and materials knowledge, really understanding metals and their behaviors. From him I gained the realization that it's not just about knowing *how* to do something, it's about *why* you do that thing. He understood the natural flow of things around him and knew how to guide and meld different elements, doing and creating things I could only marvel at.

He finally semi-retired, sold his business in town and expanded his home shop, adding a forge, english wheel, a huge anvil and other assorted blacksmithing gear. He is now doing wrought iron stuff, turning out the most beautiful hand wrought iron work you'll find. The man is really a genius with metal and heat. You can see his work at a lot of different estates up and down the West coast.

I'm sure that a lot of the hype and effort around these 'Riddler' machines is just that, hype, but at the center there has to be a core of raw talent driving the creative process. I'd love to be able to watch that, to see how this stuff takes form and comes into being. The rest of it is just fluff, packaging and commercialization, the world feeding off the pure element of talent.

Thats what I like about Foose. He seems to have a degree of that same native understanding my friend possesses. You may not like his paint schemes or the changes he introduces in some of the rides he builds, but the man has a gift for the art.

Sorry to wax so philosophic here but it is what draws me to do what I do, both for a living and in my semi-serious playtime with this Camaro.

Building stuff is cool ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X