No announcement yet.

2008 EDRS (Extreme Drag Race Shootout)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 EDRS (Extreme Drag Race Shootout)

This is the CFSC with a more sponsor friendly name. We will be hosting the second ever World Street Class. We have street cars from around the world coming to get it on. You all are invited. Here is our main website: http://www.cfscshootout.com/

Be cool to see CarjunkieTV there, Friday of the Event is Media Day. Good excuse to come to Canada and party.

Re: 2008 EDRS (Extreme Drag Race Shootout)

Hey Ray, about time you found this place!!! There is a thread with a map of alot of the members on this forum and there are quite a few in the northeast US. Hopefully we can get a few to come out and play!!!

Comment

That would be cool. We already have a Promod coming from Alaska, and Drag Radial (Wild Street) and WSR II entries coming from Florida, Tenn, Georgia, and of course the guys coming from overseas. It would be great to get support from the NE racers too. We been bribing everyone else with lobster diners, guess we will have to use the free beer on them.

Here is a copy paste about tourism info:

The New Brunswick Tourism Package is MUST for ALL visitors, and best of all it is FREE and mailed right to your door.

The information regarding New Brunswick Tourism has been posted on the event website for quite some time however someone has recently ordered and recived their package, and dropped us a line to let us know how impressed they were.

This is the link to order your New Brunswick Tourism Package!! http://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/en...rderGuides.htm

The link to the New Brunswick Tourism Website is http://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/

Thanks

Chris

Comment

Hey!!!! No one tried to bribe me with lobster or beer!!! ??? ??? ???

Comment

LOL, well there is a free racers BBQ on Saturday, first beer is on us, we of course are roasting a pig with all the fixings, but several local guys have mentioned doing lobster up too. That is an example of why we are going all the way out there. Doesnt matter where you come from, people treat you like you are coming home after a long time away. It is really neat. Probably best explained as they have the same attitude we had 20 years ago. If that makes sesne.

Comment

man , i want to go to this so bad.. 1331 miles away though. and when i towed the enclosed to Florida last year i got 7 mpg man we need a "send Dustin to Canada" fund LOL... i have not ruled it completely out yet. it looks real fun .
            how many classes can 1 car register in? and can you double enter with 2 drivers? could i do all the 9.90 and slower index classes and a heads up class?
            it would kind of be like nascar..
            Dustin, in Cincinnati

Comment

Dustin, long time no see!

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                Dustin, long time no see!
                yeah, ive been lurking though..
                im trying to rebuild a car...this speed thing is one crazy addiction!
                Dustin, in Cincinnati

Comment

Originally posted by mcat
                  man , i want to go to this so bad.. 1331 miles away though. and when i towed the enclosed to Florida last year i got 7 mpg man we need a "send Dustin to Canada" fund LOL... i have not ruled it completely out yet. it looks real fun .
                  how many classes can 1 car register in? and can you double enter with 2 drivers? could i do all the 9.90 and slower index classes and a heads up class?
                  it would kind of be like nascar..
                  We havent decided about double entries yet. We have had several discussions about it. Generally the answer has always been no in the past events. But this time considering the popularity of the World Street Class, we are giving it a lot of second thought. Then the second driver idea is something we never even considered before. I will push this subject to a head at our next meeting. Our main goal of any of our events is for everyone to have the best possible time. So there is a lot of thought going into breaking tradition because of the WSC II.

The distance you have to drive is killer at 7mpg. Now to encourage you, LOL, I am driving 16 1/2 hours to get to the track, which pales in comparision to what your trip would be I know, but Steve Cook from Alaska is pulling his Promod down for the event. Now that is a long, long drive. Almost quicker for him to go to Florida.

But if anyone does not make the trip because of fuel costs, it is certainly understandable. I will try and have final decisions posted about double entry very shortly.

Comment

Decided not to wait till the next meeting, and made some phone calls.

Double Entry Rule: You can double entry into two different classes. Except you cannot enter 2 Index Classes or 2 Bracket Classes. You can do Index and Bracket, just not two of each. We will do our best to separate the Index and Bracket Classes, but bare in mind it is 100% the Drivers responsiblity to be at the line when race is called. So if you miss your run, there is absolutely nothing we can do.

Comment

Here is the latest version of the WSRII logo. And a quick reminder that we can release this to racers looking to print support shirts to sell and help raise money for expenses.

My thought is to have "Official Team US Supporter" on the front. (Or Canada/Britian/Australia/or other country if they grow some nuts in the next few months. Then put the logo fullsize on the back.

Anyone interesated in obtaining the log, please email me at [email protected]. Another thought is a group could approach a printer and then split orders up. You get to keep all the profits, the CFSC isnt asking for anything.

Comment

Sounds like a great event. Once again there are geographic issues for we left coasties.
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill
                          Sounds like a great event. Once again there are geographic issues for we left coasties.
                          Just a little, minor glitch. LOL You could always hope the "big earthquate" could happen between now and then. It would make the drive a little shorter. Though we would lose all our mid West Teams. But I hear what you are saying, it is from one side of the continent to the other.

Only way it would make sense is if you made a vacation out of it and maybe checked out New York, Boston, etc on the way. We do have a Promod team coming from Alaska. It will be my mission to make sure he has a cold beer in his hand all weekend long. Well except when he is on a run, he will have to use a cup holder then.

One thing we do offer is the chance to really race with the fastest guys in the world, well at least 4 countries at the same time. We picked the East Coast because it was close to shipping ports, so it would be easier for those coming from over seas. That unfortunately made it a huge hall for racers from out West. We sort of went with the lesser of 2 evils.

It is one of those, I would love to see everyone there, but I also fully understand the average racer isnt driving 20-30-40-50 hours for a race. Though we are not an average race, LOL. I will stop the buttering up now.

Comment

Some other updates:
                            Solbey's (grocery store chain) is sponsoring a "Meet the Stars" cruise night July 31st, to kick the event off. All proceeds will go to the Miramichi Youth House. Should be a nice mix of the world's fastest street cars, with some award winning vintage stuff as well.

Apparently their is an Air Show being held at the airport that track was originally part of. So now you might see a Promod and a B52 Bomber in the same camera lense. Not like that opportunity happens more than once in a lifetime.

All Military Personnel from participating countries (Canada/US/Britian/australia/???) will recieve free admission to the race. I dont agree with war, but I certainly appreciate the sacrifices our military people make. As well, their husbands/wives and children are free too.

Comment

Working...
                            X