X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAXTON,NC LSR 6WKS and counting

Who's going, what RU you bringing?

Re: MAXTON,NC LSR 6WKS and counting

IF I manage to make it, I'll probably be in my sister's Jeep Liberty or my brother-in-law's VW (I think Jetta). Neither one is going to run, but they live in Winston and I may try to convince them to let me borrow a car and drive down from there. I'll babysit the nephew for a night or something to make it up to them.
    Like anything else for me it's about managing my leave more than anything and I'm low right now. I need to sit down and figure out what kind of leave I'll have throughout the year and pick what events are most important to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Junk
      Who's going, what RU you bringing?
      I'm going for my second year in this bucket

Comment

I plan on being there. Hopefully I'll take what I learned last year in May as a rookie and go faster. Made alot of changes to the car (looks more like a LSR vehicle now not a road race one) but I still won't be able to get the Rambler out of it ;D New mods to the engine should net between 30 and 50 more HP (I hope), not assembled yet or dyno'd, still have much to do.

Comment

Laurinburg is the closer town with everything in it, right?

Comment

Yes, that's correct. It's like 6 miles or so, and has motels and some things that pass for restaurants. Some bad, some not so much so. Friday night will be a pretty nice car show at the Smithfield's BBQ (it's OK, the car show is better than you might think). At least it has been in past years, so I'm assuming that they will have it this year, too. BTW - when I was going down for the asphalt improvements on the track this winter, I discovered a fair soul food restaurant in Maxton. Kind of fun as a different place to try - I like it and the folks were VERY nice there.

Saturday night is our annual banquet, with awards presented for the past year, etc. Sunday, we run until about 2:30 (as I recall) and it REALLY helps to have some help breaking down the traveling circus. As I remind everyone, everything you see except the tower has to come apart, get stowed, and taken elsewhere, so it's a big job. The more hands, the better.

As far as what I'm bringing - well those who have been there know my junk - a six cylinder '78 Camaro. Coming with a built head, new cam, Holley 600 (how's it coming, Dave?), kind of a tunnel ram-ish intake, headers, and hopefully a dyno tune. Who knows how it'll do? I seriously have no clue.

Later
            Dan

Comment

We will be there with this -

We made a few changes - First to a more reliable ECU. Second -Individual throttle bodies. Third - Hopefully a lot more horsepower.

Comment

I hope it works out for you. I suspect you have had some of most frustrating trips to Maxton! But you keep pluggin' away at it.

Best of luck
                Dan

Comment

VWMMP I liove the uncommon factor on that. Do you experience any tail shifting/squirming at the higher speeds?

Comment

The fastest we have been is about 130 (quick blast on a closed road) and no - Solid as a rock. It is front wheel drive as well. No crosswind at speed so unsure how that would affect it. We lost our ECU last time at Maxton on a run - coasted through the traps at 95MPH. We are carrying a little extra weight distributed differently then stock. You can't see it here but we do have a full cage and battery relocated to the rear. It is lowered quite a bit from stock, the front is almost off the ground in this picture.

Comment

Thought we were good and ready but just found water in our oil last week so we pulled the super-bitchen 3.8 from my 96 firebird and had to swap a crank and rod. Looks like water came up through the head bolt holes. Engine is back in and we'll take it out this weekend for some test runs.

I picked up a 95 z28 for cheap two weeks ago and took the 2.73 disc brake rear end out of it and put it in mine. Turns out I had 3.08 gears and an open diff. Guess now I can run through the traps in 3rd gear without it dropping into OD.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything from those other LSR brothers. Havnt seen them around any where. Does there JUNK run?

Comment

Last I heard Terry was looking to see how bad he tore up his motor in his truck. I haven't heard what meet he was looking to make it to.

Todd and Deb are working hard on their bikes. I havn't heard from ALI this year on his bike. Jim Price from Nevada was hoping to make the trip with his little truck (Joe Timney's old truck) but he can't make the first meet - he will bring it out for May and run the rest of the year. I heard that the Jessel roadster had some changes and would be out.

Comment

Mike and I should be attending with his rice burner. I'm looking forward to some warm weather!

Comment

Revolutionary, got a converter lockup switch installed?

Comment

Working...
                              X