gator nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gator nationals

any body going. i have now for the last 10 years. this is why my hering is shot.

Re: gator nationals

I most likely will be there. Sebring is the day before so we'll see...

Comment

Oh yeah !!! Love the Gator Nationals !!!
      ;D

Comment

just rember hearing protection!!! 8)

Comment

Originally posted by thevic24
          just rember hearing protection!!! 8)
          I use those little foam plugs you squish up and shove in your ear, and then my 29db noise attenuation "protection ears", which works great.
          ;)

Comment

also, if you sit at the finish line, watch out for parts flying ;D 8)

Comment

My favorite part of those events (I've been to the Winter and Gator Nationals) is being in the pits, watching the crews thrash between rounds. When the Top Fuelers test fire their cars, stand directly behind them so you can see the digital telemetry the operator is monitoring...it blows my mind that they idle around 2800rpm... Plug my ears, waiting for the rev of the motor, watching all the people who don't know it's coming (who don't have their ears plugged) jump a foot when it happens... It makes me giggle.

When two 'fuelers go down the track side by side, it's an incredible experience you can't fathom by watching it on tv. You feel each piston firing, thumping your chest, as they fly by.
              You think they look fast on tv? TV just doesn't do them justice.

Anyone who hasn't been to one of these events, please make it a point to go.

The only problem I have with the professional classes of drag racing is that it makes it much more difficult to explain to people how bracket racing works.

Comment

When the Earth shakes @ Norwalk you know the Big Boys are in town. National events are Awesome, i wish i could attend more.

Comment

Working...
                X