Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Street Machine Weekend 30th anniversary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Machine Weekend 30th anniversary!

I know this weekend is "Small Time" compared to most of the other events here, but this weekend means alot to everyone in our club and we work extremely hard every year to put it on.

July 11,12,13 2008 are the dates. Most of the information is on our website. We attract in excess of 30,000 people and many cars throughout the weekend.

www.streetwheelers.com

We have a cruise/friday night fun night on the 11th. 2 main thoroughfairs in the center of our lovely city with thousands of cars cruise until the wee hours of the morning. We have a sectioned off part for vehicles that do not want to be a part of the mayhem and the other strip is for the wild bunch.

Saturday July 12th is the 100ft dash. We have a prepped track, and tree setup at our exhibition grounds for the day. We have cars that will crack times of 2 seconds and sometimes over 60 mph in 100ft. The winner for our event last year was a chevette, with a time of 1.925 seconds and 58.275 mph.

Sunday July 13th is the Show N Shine. We usually have four to five hundred cars in the show, each year the number grows.

I don't know how many of you have heard of this weekend if any, but I would really like it to get on the map sometime in the future. If anyone has questions regard our weekend or our club please post or pm me.

Thanks a bunch

Arthur

Re: Street Machine Weekend 30th anniversary!

;D
    Originally posted by RegalLS

Saturday July 12th is the 100ft dash. We have a prepped track, and tree setup at our exhibition grounds for the day. We have cars that will crack times of 2 seconds and sometimes over 60 mph in 100ft. The winner for our event last year was a chevette, with a time of 1.925 seconds and 58.275 mph.

A Chevette with a alcohol injected 572ci at that :D

I agree, it is a great weekend, and a ton of fun for everyone. can't wait to have my car together in one piece for it this year

Comment

Working...
    X