Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maxton: April 5-6, 2008 Hot Rod Speed Challenge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maxton: April 5-6, 2008 Hot Rod Speed Challenge.

Just be patient on the number of runs you're trying to get. its looking like a huge turnout for the event. We're looking to just make 1 pass all weekend...That's all it should take, assuming the new dist. fixes the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Junk
      Just be patient on the number of runs you're trying to get. its looking like a huge turnout for the event. We're looking to just make 1 pass all weekend...That's all it should take, Knowing the new dist. fixes the problem.
      Fixed for you

Comment

I have to get my Fix everytime I go to Maxton, or I'll spend the next month on some back road running full out. one run don't get it for me.
        I need to Move to Montana where I can Drive all the time. Germany was a great Fix when it came to Speed. It's just to hard to go that far for the Fix. If I was running 700 HP I could prob get the fix alot easier. 162 HP in my Kia, or 116MPH. I'd Be happy with 120MPH. Almost Stock all Motor.

Comment

I'm actually going to load up today and start our trip up there tomorrow... should be nice...

K

Comment

The Ipods full, tools are loaded up. Car is ready, trailer checks out. Truck fluids are freshened. Lets roll :D

Comment

Redid the seatbelt mounts 'reinforcing' as per the rules. Covered up the quick access hole to my fuel pump and sealed it up. The -3 nitrous fuel line I had was clogged which explains why it didn't want to run right on the spray. New line coming today and maybe some road testing this afternoon if it doesn't rain.

Loading on the trailer and heading out Friday round noon to arrive ~ 10pm. See y'all there.

Comment

I'm still thrashing! Intake and headers (plural - 3 in front, 3 in the rear) are on, and the carb's bolted up. I'm working out the carb linkage now, which doesn't seem as bad as I feared. Then I have to mount the fuel pump and regulator and hook all that stuff up. I'd like to get the gages in, but that's not critical - the motor was sound last year, so I should be able to trust the idiot lights for one more meet. Cross your fingers for me!

Either way, I'll leave Friday morning, with or without a trailer. Takes 2 hours to get there.

Dan

Comment

Dan,
                  If you don't get done, bring everything with you and I'll help you in the pits.

Comment

Originally posted by revolutionary
                    Redid the seatbelt mounts 'reinforcing' as per the rules. Covered up the quick access hole to my fuel pump and sealed it up. The -3 nitrous fuel line I had was clogged which explains why it didn't want to run right on the spray. New line coming today and maybe some road testing this afternoon if it doesn't rain.

Loading on the trailer and heading out Friday round noon to arrive ~ 10pm. See y'all there.
                    Let me know what size line you need. I have -3 lines out the wazzoo from my old nitrous kit setup.

Comment

• Re: Maxton: April 5-6, 2008 Hot Rod Speed Challenge.

Just watching the Weather and Cleaning the Cooler out preping it for the trip to. Another fine weekend of Donuts, Beer, and Hot Dogs, Beer, Burgers, Beer, Chips, Beer, Beer...Diet Coke, Diet Coke...

Comment

YYYYYAAAAWWWWWWNNNNN!!!!!!!

3 Days left.
                        ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by miketblsr
                          YYYYYAAAAWWWWWWNNNNN!!!!!!!

3 Days left.
                          ;D ;D ;D ;D
                          AND my crap is not f1233 ready >

Comment

I would offer to come down early and help but mine isn't either.
                            Joel

Comment

Steve -
                              That's a very kind offer, but I'm too old for pit thrashing! I decided when I started LSR that this was supposed to be a relaxing hobby, and if the car ain't ready, then it ain't ready. And it looks like I'll likely be without a ride for this meet, and that's OK. I've been having a blast working out all the little challenges that have come my way, and for me that's the fun of it. I think I like building as much as racing. Maybe I should take the Dakota down - it's pretty quick! Just a stock 5.2l Magnum.

BTW - I have just a bit to finish on the carb linkage. The fuel pump is mounted and the fuel lines are run up to the engine bay (I used the stock 3/8 line for the long run). I'm currently plumbing in the fuel pressure regulator. I still have to dress the front of the engine (alternator, P/S pump (I don't use it, but I need the reservoir), then install the new rad. I haven't had the alignment done since I lowered it and I should get that done. Having resigned myself to the fact that the car won't make it for April, that also means I can get it on the dyno before I go in May, which is much more comfy for me (I'm no kind of tuner).

Again, thanks for the kind offer
                              Dan

Comment

I've been looking at the weather channel and it looks like you may have all day Saturday to work on your car in the pits Dan.

Joey, thanks, I might need a 24 inch -3 if mine leaks but as of last night the new line works well and believe it or not a 3.8 with 2.73 gears and posi can sort of spin the tires with a 75 shot! (But not without it) I've got jets set aside for 115, 125 and 145 hits if we have enough time to make a bunch of runs and we haven't blown anything up yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X