Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maxton: April 5-6, 2008 Hot Rod Speed Challenge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maxton: April 5-6, 2008 Hot Rod Speed Challenge.

Just dont say the "R" word, what ever you do. There will be pelnty of racing ALL weekend. Its only a chance!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by revolutionary
      I've been looking at the weather channel and it looks like you may have all day Saturday to work on your car in the pits Dan.

Joey, thanks, I might need a 24 inch -3 if mine leaks but as of last night the new line works well and believe it or not a 3.8 with 2.73 gears and posi can sort of spin the tires with a 75 shot! (But not without it) I've got jets set aside for 115, 125 and 145 hits if we have enough time to make a bunch of runs and we haven't blown anything up yet.
      I loaded a 12" and a 24"line in the toolbox last night when I finished packing up :D

Comment

I just checked the weather channel and it said the temperature was 46F (but felt like 44F) at 3:30pm in the afternoon.

Yeow !!
        :o

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
          I just checked the weather channel and it said the temperature was 46F (but felt like 44F) at 3:30pm in the afternoon.

Yeow !!
          :o
          So you're saying you'll be the guy in the snowmobile suit/insulated Carhartts ;D. Being from Fl I can feel your pain.
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

See ya'll Tomorrow.

Comment

I f'king hate trailers. Lights went out before St. Louis taking out dash and everything else, and I just said to hell with them in the hotel parking lot here in Ashville N.c.

Can't wait for daylight and all the sun that will be there this weekend ;)

Comment

so you're a gambling man on the rain thing. It won't be sunny saturday, but hopefully the rain will hold off for at least part of the day to get some runs in. they don't usually call for 100% chance around these parts, its like calling a homer babe ruth style, or betting your life savings on a hole in one contest with the pin 500yds out. But they're calling for 100% chance here, so they must be pretty certain. Sunday looks great, and the track does dry fast. historically speaking, I seem to race my best on sunday anyway. If you need help I'm in raleigh which is 4hrs away, what route are you taking? hit up my cell tomorrow if you need anything 919-412-7598

Comment

It was beautiful at the track today, even got a sunburn. Met some new people also ;D

Comment

Looks to be a wash out for today :'(.
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

its rained out today but that's giving us more time to work on the car. Mike has been gone all day driving to get parts. Hopefully the weather will be tame enough in the morning to get the track dry to make some passes.

Comment

Dang. I checked in for results. Rain is a bad answer. If it kills both days, I think that will be the first rainout EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                          Dang. I checked in for results. Rain is a bad answer. If it kills both days, I think that will be the first rainout EVER.
                          Nothing like that will happen

Comment

We had a great time today, we got two runs in and went Faster each time. Winter was not wasted.

Comment

Bottom line - Saturday was a complete washout - first time since I've been attending (3rd. season). Sunday was cool and sloppy from the huge Sat rains, but we got in a couple hundred runs. Rob was there and the Challenge got run. A couple of folks got in the 200 MPH club.

The day was tough for those of us putting on the race. The rainout just seemed to make everything harder to do, but we got through and I think the racers had a good time, given the situation.

As always, HUGE THANKS to all the volunteers, without whom none of this would happen. A special note to all the Carjunkies Forum folks who showed up and helped. I hope I don't leave anyone out or mangle their screen names too badly, but we had Orange95Z, Ferenschell, Betterwithboost, WhiteMonster, Brian Lohnes, and some others as well - sorry for anyone I omitted. Great guys, and a HUGE help. Let me recommend meeting any of the Carjunkies you can - if these guys are any indication, they're a great bunch.

Later
                              Dan Stokes
                              Volunteer Coordinator, ECTA

Comment

Hey all,

Only time for a really quick note now, but what a weekend. Despite the rain on Saturday, it was a great experience and it was really great to meet a bunch of fellow board members as well.

Got one lap in before I had to haul tail to the airport but the needle is totally buried at this point.

Same sentiments as Dan Stokes....awesome to meet you guys, drink some beer, bench race and watch you compete!

Brian
                                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                                X