Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maxton: April 5-6, 2008 Hot Rod Speed Challenge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maxton: April 5-6, 2008 Hot Rod Speed Challenge.

She's a busy Woman, I guess in a way they all are. since they have to put up with all our stuff.

I consider myself Lucky too. Mine told me to build a Race Car/ And like the Good Husband that I am, I did it

Comment

She just wanted to know if it could be driven without the tires spinning...

Hmmm

K

Comment

Keith did you kindly inform her the only proper way to drive that car was sideways with tire smoke. lmao!!!!

Comment

I'm sure it could be... BUT.. why?
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
            She just wanted to know if it could be driven without the tires spinning...

Hmmm

K
            Did the Mrs. just have her hair done? :D

Tell her I'm only teasing, she'sone person whom I rather stay on her good side. :D

Comment

1 or 2 little things to finish and I'm ready. How about everyone else's timetables?

Comment

Should finish getting the engine put back together tonight, running by Sat. if all goes well, then about a week finishing up all the little things, cutting it close again, plans are to meet up with my brother in Tenn. on the 2nd and pull into Laurinburg Thurs. evening. Glad I don't live in Calif. brothers drive is over 2600 mi. 1 way! How would you like pulling a trailer that far!

Comment

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TIT KCOCK TICK TOCK..... :

Comment

394 hours

Comment

Just finished up the throttle linkage tonight. We will start it up tomorrow, If I have everything wired right I can make a few of the connections permanent. Battery needs charging, let it run overnight on the trickle charger. Hopefully we can get it tuned by the weekend. New individual throttle bodies, I see a few headaches coming. Hopefully the end is in sight.

Comment

Seatbelts going in this weekend, cleaning out the interior of all the FOD.

Comment

The head is back from SC (Steve Norwood Performance in Tradesville, Middle of Nowhere, SC), and I pick up the carb on Monday. I was hoping to swing the head on today, but we have house guests coming and I may not get very many hours until Tuesday. Just do what I can - there aren't enough hours in the day! Anybody want to spend a few days in Wilmington? Thrash all day, collapse at night (sounds appealing, doesn't it?).

Later
                          Dan

Comment

Originally posted by VWMMP
                            New individual throttle bodies, I see a few headaches coming. Hopefully the end is in sight.
                            Ooooohhhh sounds interesting. ;D :D

Comment

ITB's (TWM) + Long duration cams (285) + a minimal amount of fuel injection tuning experience = High Idle and poor part throttle driveability LOL Thank goodness it is track only right now. WOT is a lot easier for me to tune than the part throttle stuff.

Stuck at the office for another hour or so waiting for some writers to finish a document so I can review and send out.

I might be able to get the new cylinder head on tonight. I was going to wait untill i had it running but figured I don't have time to be conservative.

Update: Might be delayed a little - small setback. Find out tomorrow if we can get it done in time. A few parts are on order.

Comment

Dan,

I have off the next 3 days. Got to put some Go fast stickers on the Car and put a Seatbelt in.

Comment

Working...
                                X