Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maxton: April 5-6, 2008 Hot Rod Speed Challenge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maxton: April 5-6, 2008 Hot Rod Speed Challenge.

silly ricers, no matter what FnF tells you stickers, DO NOT make a car faster ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Green Junk
      silly ricers, no matter what FnF tells you stickers, DO NOT make a car faster ;D
      Pulling yours offthen Dave?

:o ;D

Comment

Oh lets see,
        I only need the machinist to finish the block and head, then I have a halfday ride to go pick it up and get back, reassemble the engine, pull the trans and replace 2nd gear, reinstall the engine and trans, also trying to get a new set of coilovers to get the car to a somewhat low stance, change a couple of things on the interior to upgrade the safety equipt., drive the car around to break in the new rings and such, get the tune roughed in, if time allows get it on the dyno and finish tuning it, get it on the trailer, tow to Cleveland pick up a buddy, go to the wind tunnel on Thursday, get to the track early Friday and help with setup and hopefully get through tech.

Ya I,m just about on schedule, no worries :o

Comment

Good Luck to all us thrashers. Some of us may even make it to the track. I sent our guests off to explore town on their own and spent the day(!) installing the vibration dampener. It fought me every step of the way (for openers, some Bozo broke off the retaining bolt, the hole for which is needed for the balancer installation tool, like a SBC - it went downhill from there). Did get it done, finally.

Hopefully, we'll all make it to the track and go like the wind - safely
          Dan

Comment

Well,
            I dropped a spare block off at the machine shop today. Ordered Rings, Bearings, misc other items. Should have everything back by Wed. Motor and trans were pulled last night. Drop the pistons tomorrow. Nothing like an unknown blown head gasket that leaked some water down 2 cylinders and sat for a month. Thank goodness for fighting my wife to keep the spare motors no matter how much space they take up in the garage.

Comment

Damn some of you guys :o Good luck with the thrashes

Comment

Just got back from Maxton... the track Looks awseome ( thanks Dan ) and the new Tower is plush... got some guard rail... so on and so forth.. LIfe is GOOD....

Keith

Comment

Always like new Stuff...

Comment

If I can get some rings this week from JE I think we can get the motor up in time to try out the new track. Anxious to give it a try.

Comment

motors in, just got high as cheech trying to brake clean the oil from the last grenade out from under it. Now we're letting it air out a bit before the transexual goes in. (Mike likes to work the stick). Then we should be about good to go.

Comment

Getting closer. ;D

Keith for a bribe should I grab a case of Diet Coke, or a pallet?

Comment

Good luck to you guys !! 8)
                          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Its Alive! Fired up the motor couple hours ago, broke the rings in, reset the valves, no leaks. Yes Keith, life is good!

Comment

Originally posted by blu65ramb
                              Its Alive! Fired up the motor couple hours ago, broke the rings in, reset the valves, no leaks. Yes Keith, life is good!
                              Looking forward to seeing that Rambler, and all the other modes of transportation. According to Dan I'll be the guy pre-staging everybody. See you in 12 days.
                              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Its also alive. no moving, but running, and she sounds pretty right, especially for how wrong and slapped together this thing is. Now all we need is a trani, and a battery that will actually turn over a car with 13.3:1 compression and 28* of timing locked out.

JoeyG. I have stickers on my car because I have an obligation to the very miniscual sponsorship i get. And a good joke with David. Otherwise there would be no stickers on my car. ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X