• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
    2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
    2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Just a few final words about the 2011 Northeast Rod Run in this thread. Although this year's group, wasn't the biggest we've had to date (probably 2009 had the most cars), we did have a lot of returning attendees this year and a good amount of newbies.

In 2011 and in the past I've put the word out on a lot of different forums with mixed results, but for 2012 I'm going to reel that in a bit. I will still use some select forums for informing people about updates, but nothing like I've been doing, although Bangshift will be one of the few forums that I still post up on.

This forum definitely brings some of the best people on our trip year after year and eventhough stuff in the "Events" section doesn't get anywhere near the views as stuff in the "Unofficial HRPT" section, if I click on threads by views instead of dates, this thread still managed to get the 8th most views in the entire "Events" section.

Now that I've seen that, and noticed how many hits the smaller Blue Ridge Parkway cruise gets in the "Unofficial HRPT" section, I think when I do start an official thread about 2012's trip, I will also move it into the same section to try and draw some more interest. Then again you can always go directly to NERR's website and get all your info there too.

I think that will work out better, especially since NERR might be mainly in NY and PA next year and people don't have to drive "all the way to New England", so the trip will be more centrally located in the northeast for people to get to easier.

With that being said, I hope to see a lot more of you on the 2012 Northeast Rod Run for our 5th anniversary trip, so go ahead and mark your calendars off for the 1st weekend in October. Next year is a bigger trip with possibility of much better venues
      Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; October 12, 2011, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Good idea to move it TJ. I forgot what made me look at events years ago & saw your trip...
        I'm amazed at all the other car forums that no one wants to drive their car and for what 3 days or even less.

Looking forward to your more westerly trip and for me only a 6 hour drive to get there.
        So. Central PA
        Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

I'll have to remember to go there and check it out. It seems like the HRPT section is a whole forum within a forum and some people hang out there exclusively. I don't usually go there myself but when I do I am always surprised at how much "General Discussion" there is by a different group of people.

Oh, looking forward to next year! Glad I was one of the newbies this year. I found out about it here.
          Last edited by 67pete300; October 13, 2011, 10:18 AM.
          1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300 View Post
            I'll have to remember to go there and check it out. It seems like the HRPT section is a whole forum within a forum and some people hang out there exclusively. I don't usually go there myself but when I do I am always surprised at how much "General Discussion" there is by a different group of people.

I agree with you there. Maybe in the near future we won't even have to rely on other forums to get the word out. Maybe the Northeast Rod Run's forum will be enough on it's own

Comment

Thanks TJ

herding the cats Saturday AM

Gas em up (you know that Z28?)

Love those A body Darts

Wish I had a before pic of this FoMoCo pick em up - Rick has many subtle customizations - junk is also blown

Wanted to spend more time with Pete, dang rain!

Booby's gone soft on us - week old C6

Freaks in bad weather

nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Tom you take the best pictures, I was looking that there other ones you posted too.
                Mine come out so boring
                So. Central PA
                Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Working...
                X