The HEARTLAND PARK TOPEKA thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The HEARTLAND PARK TOPEKA thread!!

I appreciate you folks allowing me and HPT to post up our events here. Brian was nice enough to give his blessing, so here goes!!!

For those of you who are not familiar with Heartland Park Topeka (HPT), it is a multi-use facility that will see several weekends per year where as many as 4 different types of racing will happen. Some events run simultaneously!

Heartland Park is a HUGE place with approximately 750 acres and PLENTY of parking. We have a world class drag strip, a 2.1 mile road course, a 3/8 mile banked dirt oval and a recently added drifting course. The track is located 3 miles south of Topeka on Topeka Boulevard and has been a huge local attraction for the last 21 years.

If you have any questions regarding the track or upcoming events, I will be happy to help or you can call HPT @ 1-800-43-RACES. You can also check out the official HPT website at www.hpt.com

Again, thanks for your support. We are looking forward to a fantastic 2011 racing season.

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Re: The HEARTLAND PARK TOPEKA thread!!

Here are our schedules for the 2011 racing season!

For the drag strip:

For the dirt track:

For the road course:

2011 Touring Club Dates

April 20 Wednesday HPT Touring Club #1
    May 11 Wednesday HPT Touring Club #2
    June 1 Wednesday HPT Touring Club #3
    June 22 Wednesday HPT Touring Club #4
    July 13 Wednesday HPT Touring Club #5
    August 3 Wednesday HPT Touring Club #6
    September 14 Wednesday HPT Touring Club #7
    October 5 Wednesday HPT Touring Club #8
    October 26 Wednesday HPT Touring Club #9

Bike Days at HPT:

Thanks! and see ya at the races!

Ron

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

We are going to do something new for the 2011 bracket racing season at HPT. We are going to run a Super Series! This new series will be run on the same dates as our regularly scheduled bracket dates. Yes! You can race in the Super Series and our regular bracket series.

Four races each for S/ST, S/G and S/C. Come on up and join us!
      Super Street 10.90 index, .500 pro tree.
      Super Gas 9.90 index, .400 pro tree
      Super Comp 8.90 index, .400 pro tree

All entries must meet NHRA eligibility for both car and driver.

S/ST dates are April 9, June 11, August 6 & October 9
      S/G dates are May 7, July 9, September 3 & October 22
      S/C dates are May 28, July 23, October 8 & October 23.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Ron

Comment

Are the Touring Club dates open to any street legal car? Assuming it passes tech.
        Basically, is it like an open "test n tune" that anyone can show up and run at?

Comment

Yes, the Touring Club dates are open to any street legal car. Drivers will be grouped according to experience level and novice drivers may be required to have an instructor in the car with them until they are deemed qualified to drive solo.

Here is a copy of the Touring Club driver's packet that explains the intricate details:

Come on out and join us!

Ron

Comment

Mother Nature had her way today here in Topeka. It is cold and rainy and miserable.... not a good day for racing,

Sooooo....

We are rescheduling for Saturday, April 2. Here is the info direct from HPT.com:

"Due to the forcasted weather and temperature, ETI and Test & Tune Scheduled for Saturday, March 26 has been postponed until Saturday, April 2. Gates open at 10am with cars on track from noon to 4pm. ETIs will be done, but are not mandatory. NHRA Tech will be available to do chassis certification. "

Enjoy your weekend!

Ron

Comment

Thanks for the update!

You may have just motivated me to finally get off my butt!

Comment

The forecast for Saturday, April 2 looks fantastic! It's supposed to be in the mid to upper 60's with a very slight southerly breeze and PLENTY of sunshine! Come on out to Heartland Park Topeka for our pre-season test 'n tune at the drag strip from 10am to 4 pm.

Afterwards, y'all can stick around as the dirt is gonna fly at the HPT.com Speedway as the BriggsAuto.com Super Saturday Showdown Series kicks off the season with some smokin' hot action in the dirt with four classes featuring close racing: Hobby Stocks, Factory Stocks, B-Modifieds and A-Modifieds. Gates open at the dirt track at 5:30 pm. Adult admission is $10 and kids $12 & under are only $5. Hot laps start @ 6:15, so get there early and get a good seat.

I will be announcing the TNT session at the drag strip and enjoying a couple Diet Budweisers at the dirt track afterwards. See ya there!

Ron

Comment

It was an absolutely beautiful day at Heartland Park Topeka for the pre-season TNT yesterday. Approximately 50 racers showed up to take advantage of the great weather and a fast track. In conjunction with the Test & Tune, HPT provided ETI inspections for the racers and even had NHRA chassis inspector extrodinare, Brad House, in attendance to approve chassis updates and renew inspection decals. All the inspections were done in Heartland Park's large by huge tech building. You really need to see this place to believe it...

Here are some pics from the day. I hope you enjoy:

This is veteran Topeka racer, Warren Cox with his small block Chevy-powered Falcon Sprint undergoing the ETI process.

Comment

Mitch Chadwell of Meridan, KS helped his dad put this slick Thunderbird together with a big inch small block Ford. This was the first time these guys had ever brought the car to the track and drove about 35 miles from their home. Although it was running on a pair of hard-as-marbles Firestone Firehawk radials, the car was able to knock down some mid 12-second passes at over 114 mph. I wanna see this thing on some sticky tires...

Comment

This guy has been racing this car around Kansas for the last 25+ years. It is my pleasure to introduce you to Mike Tipton and his 1955 Chevy wagon, known affectionately as "The Brick." Mike just dumped the slapper bars in favor of a set of Cal-Tracs and decided to come out and get a handle on the new combination. Although there is more work to do on the new setup, Mike was able to put the car in the mid 10's.

Comment

Did I mention the Heartland Park Topeka tech building is huge? The area used for the day's inspections actually takes up about 1/3 of the total floor space in the building. Another third of the building is dedicated to restrooms and showers for those who spend the weekend at HPT and the other third is allocated to tear-down procedures with a complete shop setup.

Comment

Thanks Ron - do you have any of the TBird with the hood closed?

Comment

Tom,

I checked my disc, but no pics of the T-bird with the hood down. Sorry...

I will get some for you next weekend.

Ron

Comment

Roger caught me doing my thing...

Next week is our first bracket race of the season at HPT. It also includes our first round of our HPT Super Series featuring the super street category. Come out and join us on Saturday!

Ron

Comment

Working...
                              X