Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maxton: May 17-18, 2008 (5 Weeks and Counting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxton: May 17-18, 2008 (5 Weeks and Counting)

Aprils Hot Rod Speed Challenge came and went, even with a little bit of wet weather, but things went well on Day 2. I met alot of Car Junkies at the track and all over town. I had a great time talking to Dan Warner again, and spending the time with frieands from all over the Country. Hope to see everyone again in May.

Lets hear some of the plans some of you have for the Next Event.

I am planning to finish a few Aero Mods and some Wiring before May. hopefully the Weekends between now and then will work out with the weather. Time to break out some of the Fiberglass projects now that the weather is starting to warm up a bit.

Re: Maxton: May 17-18, 2008 (5 Weeks and Counting)

Hopefully you get some better runs than last weekend. I remember you saying your mph was off.

Comment

JOEY.... thanks for the Diet Coke...

Really enjoyed you being there again and Stephanie was a sport...

RANDY... thanks for the picture it's going up in my shop today... ( he drew a really nice picture of the Hot Rod Spl.

Keith

Comment

What a great weekend !!!

;D

Comment

It's not often that you find a sport where when someone breaks your record you are truly happy for them.

Good job John - that Rambler is one cool ride!

Plans for the next event? The broke v6 is coming out and though I'd like to build something super duper, reality states that I'll probably slap together a mild 355LT1 with ported heads and spray the wee out of it. Hey, it's part I have lying around so I might as well use them.

Comment

I had one run that was off from the last event, even with bottoming out the front Air Dam and letting up, it still ran fairly well. The other Run was spot on, even with a head wind it ran like a Hornets nest. I actually got to 5th gear on the first run earlier than I have in the past (5300 RPM) and it was pulling when it bottomed out. Shifting just a bit earlier and not hitting the Rev Limiter in 3rd really helped to keep the Car in the power band when I shifted into 4th, and the same in 5th.

I already fixed the bottom of the Air Dam.

Can't wait to be there in May. I remembered to Reserve my Room already too.

Comment

Have somthing running.That would be different :D

Comment

Ditto for me. Actually, The Camaro isn't too far from it. Anyone with a paint brush can come and paint the cage!

Dan

Originally posted by terry russell
                Have somthing running.That would be different :D

Comment

Dan,
                  I would do that for you, but I can't find my Rollcage Brush. I guess I'll just have to buy another one.

Been thinking about the Artwork for the Buzz Bomb. far I have a drawing of a Bomb Painted like a Bee, and this Bomb like thing the Gerrmans launched at England. I like the First one the most. I'll work on it some more and send you a line.

Comment

Thanks, Randy!

Sounds like we are on the same wave length. I'm thinking to sort of model the F-Bomb logo, with a striped bomb ridden by a bee ('cause bees buzz), with lettering similar to the F-Bomb.

In case any of you are lost - I was trying to come up with a "Somethingorother Bomb" name and logo for my second gen Camaro, in keeping with the F-Bomb and Time Bomb - it just seemed right. Randy and others suggested Buzz Bomb, and David F picked that as his favorite, so who am I to argue? Randy offered to take a stab at the "nose art" at the April Maxton meet, so he's giving it a go.

Later
                    Dan

Comment

Gee Dan I think you've to the right name --"Somethingoranother Bomb" :

Comment

Dan,

With your EPA past....what about the "Dirty Bomb"?

The irony of course is that you were an emissions testing guy (keeping things clean).

Brian
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Joe got it right ;D

Comment

Kind of a Doctor Strangelove look. I'm on it!!!!

Comment

Thanks all. Still, if The Big Frei names your car, ya gotta go with it. Besides, I don't think the area allotted for the nose art is big enough to hold "Somethingorother Bomb" in anything above 9 point type.

Randy - Thanks again! My art skills suck, and his are WAY good. You should see the drawing he made of Keith's Camaro (the Salt Bomb?).

Later
                              Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X