2,774 miles one way for me !!!

:o
    Yeah but I'm officially in the middle of no where Nevada too :P
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Re: New Land Speed Race in Nevada approved

Originally posted by revolutionary
      This just in...

This event has slowly leaked out, and we have been receiving calls from all over the United States for well over a week, but we'll let the "Promotion Team" Make It Official. I am the humble, but proud "On The Ground Guy".

As to the website help we need, it is for our race car, as the Official Promotion Team will have their own website with everything we all need to know. Any ideas on how to set up a nice, low budget website for the Nascar Project will be greatly appreciated.

Note the email address change from what was posted. To email us for race related items, it's------------------------

[email protected]

Many of you have followed the process of purchasing a known car for our 2nd LSR Project, and yes, we are still looking for another party to come on board.

Daryl has worked tireless hours on this project, and he not only came highly recommended, he has the background to make this car go fast. I think Daryl wants to break the actual Nascar LSR Record, now around 248 MPH (?????). He'll do it, as his knowledge is impressive.

Richard/Judy/MAXX2
      MAXX2RACING

Thanks to the work of Richard White (no relation) and a number of other individuals to be named later (you might know some of them), a new land speed race facility was approved for use yesterday in Lovelock, Nevada. The facility is a trio of airport runways and there is talk of having several versions of races there including running around the triangular shaped runway setup. As it is right now, the initial plan is to run down the main runway and measure speed at the one mile mark ala Maxton and Texas.

I am really excited to hear about this as it shows the increase in exposure and desire to continue the land speed racing tradition. With the Bonneville salt flats deteriorating and the racing outlook grim in the future there, it was an important step to get another facility online out west.

I am personally happy as well because the new spot is only a few hours from my pop in Boise and we can make a fun trip of it. I've been getting involved with Richard White's LSR car in the last few months and am upgrading his Yates headed 'C' engine to hopefully the upper 800hp range where we plan on making a 200mph run down the new facility's tarmac. He's was active on the now defunct landracing.com forum boards but should anyone wish to help out with the new Lovelock race or with his car please contact him at [email protected] or myself at [email protected].

p.s. Richard is looking for some help setting up a website for the Race ASAP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MAXX2RACING
        This event has slowly leaked out, and we have been receiving calls from all over the United States for well over a week, but we'll let the "Promotion Team" Make It Official. I am the humble, but proud "On The Ground Guy".

As to the website help we need, it is for our race car, as the Official Promotion Team will have their own website with everything we all need to know. Any ideas on how to set up a nice, low budget website for the Nascar Project will be greatly appreciated.

Note the email address change from what was posted. To email us for race related items, it's------------------------

[email protected]

Many of you have followed the process of purchasing a known car for our 2nd LSR Project, and yes, we are still looking for another party to come on board.

Daryl has worked tireless hours on this project, and he not only came highly recommended, he has the background to make this car go fast. I think Daryl wants to break the actual Nascar LSR Record, now around 248 MPH (?????). He'll do it, as his knowledge is impressive.

Richard/Judy/MAXX2
        MAXX2RACING
        Richard,

Thanks for the update, we all look forward to the successful implementation of your new LSR venue. Have you been in communication with Dan Warner and/or Keith Turk?

The Series idea sure has merit !!

Steve

PS - when you use a quote, don't type your reply inside the quote marks.

Comment

Haven't really been in touch with anyone at this point, as I really don't want to say anything until the Promotion Team posts it. I will say it did leak out badly (Or somewhat?), as we received calls from all over everywhere.

If anyone has any ideas on a simple/low budget website for our car, please let us know.

"On The Ground Guy"
          MAXX2RACING

8) 8) 8)

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
            Originally posted by MAXX2RACING

Hi Guys And Gals;

Your Quote-----------

"We all look forward to the successful implementation of your new LSR venue".

My Quote------------

"I can't take credit for this, as it has taken a huge amount of time, effort, and $$$s by the Promotion Team". Save your KUDOS for the Promoters, as I'm just "The On The Ground Guy".

MAXX2RACING

8) 8) 8)

[email protected]

Richard/Judy/MAXX2
            MAXX2RACING
            Richard,

Thanks for the update, we all look forward to the successful implementation of your new LSR venue. Have you been in communication with Dan Warner and/or Keith Turk?

The Series idea sure has merit !!

Steve

PS - when you use a quote, don't type your reply inside the quote marks.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
              Originally posted by White Monster
              2,774 miles one way for me !!!

:o
              Yeah but I'm officially in the middle of no where Nevada too :P
              Aren't there more people in Ely than Lovelock?

MAXX2RACING

8) 8) 8)

Comment

Sorry if I goofed the info a little. But hey, we're just excited!

Comment

Originally posted by revolutionary
                  Sorry if I goofed the info a little. But hey, we're just excited!

DARYL;

It's not a problem, we just want to make double/triple sure the Promotion Team gets full credit for this. It's their's for the glory and hard work they have and will put into this effort.

Like we said, the phones started ringing off the hook way over a week ago, actually over ten days ago. Have no idea who leaked this that much.

Excited? We all are.

Nascar Ford website ideas?????

MAXX2RACING

8) 8) 8)

Comment

Looks like another spot for Keith to go 200+ at ;D
                    I agree with Steve; a series would be very cool.

Comment

Ok guys,
                      I guess the jigs up! Yes there will be a new speed event based in Pershing county Nevada. it will be fairly extensive. There will be 3 - 4 days of 1 mile speed runs on the airport surface - think Maxton west - we will use maxton rules and classes, and we will get help form ECTA is pulling it all together - sorry if thats news to you Keith - I've been talking to Joe about this for a couple of months! This is open to both Bikes and cars!

Also there will be a 2 day 2stage open road race - al la sand Hills open road classic (sorc). There will be 2 different courses run on consecutive days - closest to the selected speed wins their class - IE you enter in the 100 mph class - the closest to the time for that average speed wins! you will also have a top speed limitation based on your safety equipment! This unfortunately is cars only - I would love to open it up to bikes - but I'm not eating the insurance or liability on that one! This will be run on rules very similar to the Arnold Nebraska SORC race held each august!

The original event will be May 22? - 24th ? 2009 - not this year! Memorial day weekend - starting the thursday before memorial day. i know ECTA doesn't run on Memorial day weekend - so we figured that is a good time!

The events are Charity events - with all profits going to the local hospital and nursing home, as well as to buy needed safety equipment for the county EMT program!
                      If all goers well - and we like Pershing County - and they like us - there will be a series of runway events - 4 per year may - octoberish. The open road race will only be in the spring, while in the fall - look foir a hillclimb event in conjunction with one of the runway events!

OK - so please be patient, we will have an informational website up within a week or 2 - and it will expand as we add rules etc.

Thanks for your support
                      carl Johansson

Comment

Thanks carl, very exciting times indeed.
                        Please post your web address on this thread when ready.

8)

Comment

Great news! Now I just need to get a car put together ;D
                          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Carl;
                            You may want to contact the Silver State Challenge folks for advice. (Google them) I have run 12 of their Open Road Races, and find them to be absolute experts in what they do. We tried to put a similar event on here in Arizona and they bent over backwards to help us...... and BTW, we laid out the course, did all the logistics, timing set-up etc, and got all the necessary permits. The rural road course ran across 3 jurisdictions... State, county and Indian Res. The town was full of racers, then at 6:00 PM (12 hours before the start) Some petty county bureaucrat revoked the permit, forcing us to cancel the event. Proving once again.....Shit Happens. ???
                            Ed

Comment

Ed,
                              Fancy meeting you here at this site, and I thought you were just a land speed guy - didn't know you did open road stuff! We are well aware of silverstate as well as MKM, both do excellent jobs of open road stuff in Nevada. I am particularly impressed with their communications plans and safety plans. We will be working with ECTA on the straight line stuff - because we think they do it best (andthey are willing to help us out!) - and our runway stuff will be very similar to their situation. We also are working closely with the Fellas out in Nebraska on the open road stuff - as their overall model of a charity driven volunteer staffed event is what we are trying to emulate.
                              Sorry to here the Arizona stuff fell through - it would have been a first class event. i guess it's always a crap shoot when the local and state governments get involved. Before we did anything , I went to the Pershing Conty commissioners meeting and presented a plan for the event - what we would be doing, what we needed the county to do, and a detailed economic impact estimate for the event on the area. As of now we have exceptional support from locals, and the commissioners have sent us an approval/cooperation letter, so I hope that will insulate us from some of the potential problems. One of the road courses is all county road - no problem, the airport is county control so that should not be an issue. The other road course is state road - but Nevada has a pretty well established procedure to secure the approval and use - thanks to the pioneers at Silverstate.
                              So we are hoping with alot of local input and help - we will get this thing up and running!
                              Do you run your vette on the open road stuff?

Carl Johansson

Originally posted by Vette#128
                              Carl;
                              You may want to contact the Silver State Challenge folks for advice. (Google them) I have run 12 of their Open Road Races, and find them to be absolute experts in what they do. We tried to put a similar event on here in Arizona and they bent over backwards to help us...... and BTW, we laid out the course, did all the logistics, timing set-up etc, and got all the necessary permits. The rural road course ran across 3 jurisdictions... State, county and Indian Res. The town was full of racers, then at 6:00 PM (12 hours before the start) Some petty county bureaucrat revoked the permit, forcing us to cancel the event. Proving once again.....Shit Happens. ???
                              Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X