Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Fling XXII Van Nuys Ca May 3 & 4, 2008 show/swap/track day/cruise

Spring Fling XII Mopar show in Van Nuys, CA on May 3 & 4, 2008

Who’s coming out? What car are you bringing?

Info: www.cpwclub.com/springfling.html

Flyers and registrations are onllne at: http://www.cpwclub.com/sf08flyer.pdf We will take pre registrations until Monday April 21st.

Spring Fling is a Show and Shine on Saturday and we offer judging on Sunday if you want. Any Mopar and all conditions welcome both days. We even have an In-Progress trophy class. The show is entirely held on a shaded tree adorned grass covered park. There’s a shaded picnic area with food court. BBQ’s ok too.

1st 500 show participants will receive a FREE 8” wall clock valued at $20 shown below and a magnetic show dash plaque:

This year’s trophies will be elegant laser engraved solid Red Alder wood plaques. Last years trophies:

SPRING FLING XXII
    SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
    (subject to change and additions)

THURSDAY
    Spring Fling Speed Festival
    2nd annual Mopar track event at Willow Springs Raceway
    register and info at www.alltimeracing.com
    40+ Mopars on the track last year
    Blueberry Pancake breakfast
    Drivers mtg 7am
    Free cruise laps 12pm for all spectators
    Awards Pres. 5pm
    Dinner 6:00 pm
    Last year's video: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b...280048a2d9.htm

FRIDAY
    Coastal Caravan Cruise Seaside, CA to Airtel 10 am
    -travel the coast scenic Hwy 1 with a train of awesome Mopars
    -Lunch at famous Madonna Inn
    -flyer: http://www.cpwclub.com/sf08coastalcruiseflyer.pdf
    Malibu Driving Cruise: Woodley Park to Malibu 9:30am
    -Lunch overlooking beach
    Mandatory Professional Manufactures ONLY Midway Setup

SATURDAY
    Spring Fling XXII
    Parts exchange 7am
    Show & Shine 8am
    Mopar Cruise-In 6pm

SUNDAY
    Spring Fling XXII
    Parts exchange 7am
    Show & Shine plus Judging 8am
    Manuf. Midway
    Trophy Presentation 2pm

Re: Spring Fling XXII Van Nuys Ca May 3 & 4, 2008 show/swap/track day/cruise

I'll be at the track event and show.

Comment

I'll be there Saturday early morning in an ugly ass brown A-100 van (I even sent you guys money ) provided it makes it there, gotta sacrifice something on the alter to Mighty Murphy.
      Ran

Comment

Originally posted by kick_the_reverb
        I'll be there Saturday early morning in an ugly ass brown A-100 van (I even sent you guys money ) provided it makes it there, gotta sacrifice something on the alter to Mighty Murphy.
        Ran
        I heard a bunch of A-100's were showing up. Should be pretty cool to see a big group of them.

Comment

There's a few parts there for sale.... ;)

After things have died down abit at 11:49 am I took these pictures

Comment

Originally posted by autoxcuda
            Ran
            I heard a bunch of A-100's were showing up. Should be pretty cool to see a big group of them.
            Yeah, there will be about 5-6 of us from the A-100 Yahoo group, if that's considered a bunch. We might have to beg you to have mercy on our souls (and head gaskets) and let us cut in line, so you won't see all of us boil over ;)

Ran

Comment

Yeah, there will be about 5-6 of us from the A-100 Yahoo group, if that's considered a bunch. We might have to beg you to have mercy on our souls (and head gaskets) and let us cut in line, so you won't see all of us boil over ;)

Ran
              Best bet on Saturday is to there around 8:45 when the car show line is about died down. Sunday is not a problem, cars fly in that day before 8:15 then there's a small line that moves pretty swiftly.

Is there some design issue with a A-100 that causes them to overheat??

Comment

8:45 you say, that's a good tip, the kind only you would know. Thanks, I'll mention it to the others.
                The A-100 engine is in a doghouse type of box in the middle of the van between the seats. The radiator is in that box, too (not in behind the grill), and is pretty small. The V-8 engines are a tight fit in the doghouse, and heat gets trapped in there. We have some solutions for these situations, but most of us haven't put them in place yet...so combine hot day, idling in a long line, could get ugly.
                Thanks,
                Ran

Comment

8:45 you say, that's a good tip, the kind only you would know. Thanks, I'll mention it to the others.
                  The A-100 engine is in a doghouse type of box in the middle of the van between the seats. The radiator is in that box, too (not in behind the grill), and is pretty small. The V-8 engines are a tight fit in the doghouse, and heat gets trapped in there. We have some solutions for these situations, but most of us haven't put them in place yet...so combine hot day, idling in a long line, could get ugly.
                  Thanks,
                  Ran
                  This picture was taken at 8:41 am on Saturday last year. This line is moving. Maybe toward 9 am would be a little better. Darn there's a lot of cars...

This pickup part of your group? Nice ghost flames...

Comment

I'm all set to bring my Impala and start a ruckus! ;D
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                      I'm all set to bring my Impala and start a ruckus! ;D
                      Cool! while your off looking at all the Mopars we'll swap in a 440 and stick Chrysler Newport emblems on it for ya ;D

Comment

I won't complain. I have enough people who see the 383 emblems on my valve covers and ask why I stuck a Mopar engine in my Chevy.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

There was an article in Hot Rod (Maybe Car Craft) where they went to Spring Fling and got a bunch of great scores on Chevy and Ford parts. Remember that one.

I forgot who wrote it? Magnate, King, Dulich??

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                            I won't complain. I have enough people who see the 383 emblems on my valve covers and ask why I stuck a Mopar engine in my Chevy.

thats hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by autoxcuda
                              There was an article in Hot Rod (Maybe Car Craft) where they went to Spring Fling and got a bunch of great scores on Chevy and Ford parts. Remember that one.

I forgot who wrote it? Magnate, King, Dulich??
                              Me.

Comment

Working...
                              X